Northwood NH new ambulance

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
Our new bus was delivered this afternoon! Looks good but the patteren for all is the single flash 120. We are going to slow them down in the near future. The best parts about the rig are 1 no split fails, all ion TA, and one blue to the rear which may be a first for a NH ambulance. We also removed the squad bench and put in a chair on a slide track so the attendant can be belted at all times. The truck is a 2013 F-550 with an AEV box. Upon build inspection the box was not built to spec and was to large to fit in our station so they paid for modification to raise the door to the station. The old truck will stay as a spare and eventually be brought back up to normal service, a first for the town. We usually trade in the old truck. The old bus is a 2007 Ford E350 AEV

Front:

7 M9 R/R/R/W/R/R/R

2 M7 flood lights

M6 turns

Led opticom

4 linz6 in grill. Red on top, white bottom in x pattern

Side:

Linz6 red

2 M9 red

1 M7 red

2 M9 flood

Rear:

Top has 4 M9, 3 M7, 2 M7 flood

R/R/F/R/A/R/F/R/R

Lower has 4 M9 2 red on top with brake override, blue drivers side, amber officers.

All compartments have the OS flashing lights in R/W for when the door is open. The drivers side center compartment has one mounted on the right door on the outside for when it swings open into traffic. Not the greatest but better than nothing

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

(The signs on the station have yet to be made)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian H

May 25, 2010
Iowa
Sharp looking. Even though they made a mistake, pretty stand up of them to pay for the bigger door and opening!

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
Brian H said:
Sharp looking. Even though they made a mistake, pretty stand up of them to pay for the bigger door and opening!

They gave us the choice of a new box or station mods. We chose the mods because we were wanting the truck and if we go bigger for the next truck she will fit too lol

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
twodogs603 said:
I see the E350 ambulance in the tanker bay. Must be one small tanker....

The tanker is pretty small. Due for replacement in a few years. 1994 international/us tank 2200 gallons.

image.jpg

The old bus

image.jpg

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
emtanderson51 said:
PURTY! Now...slow down that single flash. I do LOVE the solid red. Very nice.

It's in the works Steve! It's a multiplex system so I don't have the capability to do it otherwise I would have done it already ;)

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Beautiful rig. I would've spec-ed the M7/M9 lightheads in the rear on a slower pattern (the basic single flash at 75 fps) and kept out the blue to the rear, b/c of blue being reserved for LE in NH and VT. As for the front flashing, I like them as is. What's the side look like?

As for AEV, I hope that everything else was built to spec. How far off were they?

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
pdk9 said:
Beautiful rig. I would've spec-ed the M7/M9 lightheads in the rear on a slower pattern (the basic single flash at 75 fps) and kept out the blue to the rear, b/c of blue being reserved for LE in NH and VT. As for the front flashing, I like them as is. What's the side look like?

As for AEV, I hope that everything else was built to spec. How far off were they?

The sides are all on the same pattern as the rest of the truck. We are in the works of getting a waiver from the commissioner of safety for the blue, Salem is currently doing the blue on their engines.

AEV was off by about 4 inches. With the airbags deflated it met spec but once inflated it didn't. We raised the door about 5.5 inches

tvsjr

Oct 7, 2012
TX
Nice box... slow everything down and I'd suggest changing the rear to fire color over color vs. R/B, B/R. I run 4 600s to the rear on my truck and sync them this way, and it's very effective.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
tvsjr said:
Nice box... slow everything down and I'd suggest changing the rear to fire color over color vs. R/B, B/R. I run 4 600s to the rear on my truck and sync them this way, and it's very effective.

Have you seen Midland's new Type Is? I think they're Wheeled Coach, but not sure. The new rigs are all red like this one with similar lighting setup. Saw your buddy LT. McDaniel a few weeks ago! He sez hi! :yes:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.