NOS Combined revolving light / horn (2 tones) "Feldjäger"

OliverD

Dec 31, 2016
Belgium
Feldjäger is a combined revolving light / 2 tones horn ; it was built in 1986, at the time of the cold war, by In. Weidelt GmbH at the request of the German armed forces. The objective was to be able to, in case of war, convert quickly an unmarked car into military police cars.

Attachments

• FJ2.jpg
    FJ2.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 12
  • FJ3.jpg
    FJ3.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 12
  • FJ4.jpg
    FJ4.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 12
  • FJ5.jpg
    FJ5.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 11
  • FJ6.jpg
    FJ6.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 11

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
is it true that there was a light siren set up at one time that had so much Torque that the light stood still and the car spun around in circles??

coop359

Apr 16, 2012
USA Tennessee
View video in YouTube. Another video shows a guy unpacking one from a wood crate. Those white marshmallow feet are plastic fasteners. In the kit is a template and a punch tool to knock holes in the roof. Comes with a large decal. German language? Cool set up

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
The German Military Police (Feldjäger) had privatly owned vehicles on contracts that they put into service very quickly.
They got these siren-lights out from stock complete with mounting template and Feltjäger decals.
They put the template on the roof in an acceptable place and punched three holes through the roof.
Then they routed the three long threaded studs through and screwed on the three large white plastic ”nuts” on to secure the siren-light.
The cable with the control box was routed through the door or window and the box placed somewhere convenient and the power cable was connected to the power by a cigarette lighter plug.
The Feldjäger decals was placed on the vehicle and it was now a police car ready to go.

Michael

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
By the way, I have one of these as well but unfortunately the person that packed it up somewhere, either in the factory or in some military stock facility, had wrapped it up to tightly so both of the cable grommets for the horns and one of the Hella switches had broke when I unpacked the siren-light.
The cable grommets are of an old type with different thread than used today and the Hella switch is also out of production.
I have replaced the switch with one made by RS that look quite close to the Hella.
Of some reason Hella use the same part number as on this switch for a completely different design today.
I got a replacement from the selling company but of the contemporary type that do not fit.
Sooner or later I will find the right parts.

Michael

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
sorry it reminded me of something i think i had seen in a movie or some comedy... I just had to ask... But honestly isnt that design been kind of the setup for ( not to be rude ) European vehicles way back...??

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.