NOS - Newer Style F/S Model 17

qball

Jan 10, 2011
South Carolina
I finally have something worth showing to the group....

I bought this gem on eBay for a song a few months ago. I finally took it out of the original box and shined it up tonight. Now, it's time for the display in my office. Enjoy!!

IMG_7597.JPG

IMG_7596.JPG

IMG_7598.JPG

IMG_7599.JPG

IMG_7600.JPG

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Now that's a nice piece to show off proudly. Looks great, Qball.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
qball said:
Thanks guys!

By the way, the motor is stamped with a date of "5 85." I guess it's only 27 years old.

The motor has a date stamp of 5-85? Wow! That just blows my mind. I have heard that Fed Sig continued the 174 until 1987, but I thought the rest of the Beacon Ray line ended in 1982.

qball

Jan 10, 2011
South Carolina
stansdds said:
The motor has a date stamp of 5-85? Wow! That just blows my mind. I have heard that Fed Sig continued the 174 until 1987, but I thought the rest of the Beacon Ray line ended in 1982.

Here is a pic of the motor. I looked on the box, and couldn't find anything with a reference date.

IMG_7603.JPG

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Clarence H said:
That's a newer Areodynic style motor. they must have started using them at the end.
Clarence

That would be correct.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
qball said:
Here is a pic of the motor. I looked on the box, and couldn't find anything with a reference date.

The date on the motor is your best clue. 1985... wow!

Feb 4, 2012
Casper, Wyoming
qball said:
I bought this gem on eBay for a song a few months ago. I finally took it out of the original box and shined it up tonight. Now, it's time for the display in my office. Enjoy!!

Qball, you sir, have the patience of a Saint! Great find, beautiful light.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.