NOS Streethawk Branding Anomaly

May 21, 2010
Wilkes-Barre, Pa
So I made a road trip to pick up some NOS Streethawks on Sunday. I scored two 52" Hawks, one was boxed and one was out. One no domes and one with used domes. Neither had lower options. Either way NOS is NOS and I still have a nice base for some projects. The anomaly revolves around the boxed unit. I thought someone had put the bar in a Signal Stat box but then started to peel the coating off the stainless grille I found the bar was tagged as a Signal Stat model 9683. It has Signal Stat lighting on the box and a NAPA tag on it as well. The bar and all the paperwork inside tell the story that it is a FS StreetHawk but rebranded by Signal Stat and sold by NAPA??? Pics below show the tag on the bar and the box. the Bar is a 1992 model.

NOS StreetHawks 005.JPG

NOS StreetHawks 003.JPG

NOS StreetHawks 002.JPG

NOS StreetHawks 001.JPG

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
It's legit.  From the very late 1980's through at least the early 2000's Signal Stat sold a lot rebranded Federal Signal and Whelen products.  NAPA was often a distributor of these rebranded products.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: kitn1mcc

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
This happened a lot "back in the day".  

Here are some more common ones

61.jpg

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
NAPA got involved as a distributor of Grote and or SignalStat.  Earnst Homes, Jerdann, Darley, Galls are a few others.  And then of course you have the jet series Tomar bars.

Last edited by a moderator:

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
I think NAPA tended to be a bit pricey on everything, but often NAPA was the only parts source around, so they could be pricey.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
A little more rebranding

Mcderm_0056.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.