NOS Whelen HID Advantege .... FINALLY!

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
I have been on this one for a LONG time... and I am happy to say that I brought her home today!!!!!!!!

May I present for your viewing pleasure....

A New Old Stock, Whelen Advantege .... HID version! 

This bar was sitting in her original box!  She has 4 HID rotators, Takedowns and rear amber flashers.

The HID amplifiers take about 10-12 seconds of "Warm-Up" time to reach peak intensity.  I must admit, it is a little goofy to watch when the rotators are spinning away, and the lights are just barely glowing!  LOL

ai147.photobucket.com_albums_r302_ford_dealer_ADV22_zps1ac6adbd.jpg

ai147.photobucket.com_albums_r302_ford_dealer_ADV21_zps4fd9e8a6.jpg

ai147.photobucket.com_albums_r302_ford_dealer_ADV3_zps1caa2bf3.jpg

ai147.photobucket.com_albums_r302_ford_dealer_ADV5_zps5242af3c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
One of the most rare Whelen bars there are, very few made, not offered long.  Cool find indeed.

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
It is really bright! However, you all KNOW I simply cannot leave well enough alone....

I am looking for:

4 NOS lens dividers

2 clear NOS lens sticks

2 amber NOS lens sticks

I would like to make her:

Rear:

-RRA----ARR-

R--------------R

-RRC----CRR-

I think the HID "Blueish White" would really punch through clear lenses, and would also help easily distinguish this bar to show off her HID uniqueness. I was considering having a BLUE side, however, I am not sure... it seems to me that this bar, given its "Slow Start-Up" wouldn't make it a great Law Enforcement bar of choice...

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I have lots of advantedge lenses, I shall dig.

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
I have lots of advantedge lenses, I shall dig.
Thank You Sir! I will make a video once I get the color combo the way that will best demonstrate her uniqueness!

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
In clear NOS I have a 12" piece and a 6.25" piece

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
Amplifiers?? The lights make sounds??? Correct term would be "ballast" (and yes, i do know the ballasts make a slight "whining noise" LOL). Nice light bar mister!

Reactions: kitn1mcc

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
That is awesome, I love HIDs in anything!

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Filters are still available

Part# RB6CF* (Replace * with A,B,R,G for Color)
Luckily Whelen continued using the reflector design in their beacons, so filters are not an issue.

Reactions: kitn1mcc

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
I've never seen one of these.... Video PLEASE!!! I'd LOVE to see that bar in operation!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.