NOS Whelen Piercer 1 Found Today!

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
Here is a little Jewel that I stumbled across today.  This is a NOS Whelen Piercer.  I removed the bulb so you could see the internal (Self Contained) power supply.  I had only seen this in the catalog photo that John Marcson has posted.  Much to my surprise... I now HAVE one!  :)   It tested perfectly! 

ai147.photobucket.com_albums_r302_ford_dealer_Piercer11_zpsc3bae9ef.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
Nice grab David!!!
Dan, Thank You Sir!  And to think... along with this, I snatched up:

NYPD 24 RMVF Aero-Twin

Jetsonic w/Multifunction Rotators

Model 11 Visibar

.... which all seemed to PALE compared to THIS!   Woot Woot!

Reactions: lotsofbars

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
Dan, Thank You Sir!  And to think... along with this, I snatched up:

NYPD 24 RMVF Aero-Twin

Jetsonic w/Multifunction Rotators

Model 11 Visibar

.... which all seemed to PALE compared to THIS!   Woot Woot!
I'd be so pumped for that NYPD bar . . . it's such a good setup. Just imagine this: this piercer mounted to the front of one of the other bars you picked up. Totally unrealistic, but it would be an awesome light show!

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Here is a little Jewel that I stumbled across today.  This is a NOS Whelen Piercer.  I removed the bulb so you could see the internal (Self Contained) power supply.  I had only seen this in the catalog photo that John Marcson has posted.  Much to my surprise... I now HAVE one!  :)   It tested perfectly! 

ai147.photobucket.com_albums_r302_ford_dealer_Piercer11_zpsc3bae9ef.jpg
There were a few versions, this one uses the round circuit board inside the cast housing. There were far more that simply a remite supply, often with onebulb wired to both outlets of a two outlet supply to double the rate. This self contained version is hard to find. These often had the supply bypassed when tbey failed. Very cool find.

Reactions: ford-dealer

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
:hail:   Thank You sir!  :tiphat:

RDT Car 25

May 22, 2010
Milford, CT
My first fire dept. had two apparatus that used these lights. One was a 1988 Mack and the second was a 1991 LTI Ladder. I'll see if I can find any photos. These lights were definitely noticeable. 

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArizonaFireTruckParty

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.