NOS Yankee 354 beacon

CFD125

May 21, 2010
Carver, Mass.
Hi guys & girls,

I just got this Yankee 4 beam revolving beacon in from *bay.

It's an NOS model 354 with a beautiful red dome. I love the "hump" on the top of the dome, and remember back to the early '70s when the Medford, Mass. police cars had these on the roof in blue.

I have another really nice model 354, and have been waiting for a long time for the NOS red dome that I bought from a former board member here.

If I ever get the other red dome, I will try to make a nice roof bar with these two lights mounted on it.

ai288.photobucket.com_albums_ll191_CFD125_1288041606.jpg

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Cool! Smart idea for Yankee to set their 2/4 bulb beacons apart from others with that raised center on their domes.

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
Nice. You are lucky, I have looked for one in a long time without finding one.

By the way, the red lens that you bought from a former member, I hope that it is not bought from Ford-Dealer.

He had offering me to buy such lens but he has disappeared and he's phone number is not working anymore.

Do anyone know how to reach David?

He has some lights that he has promissed to sell to me? He had them the last time we spoked on the phone.

LRGJr72

May 29, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
GORGEOUS! I think this is the same make/model used on the Sheriff's car in the opening several minutes "First Blood." It was part of a red/blue pair mounted on a roof rack.

CFD125

May 21, 2010
Carver, Mass.
Yes It is the beacon from First Blood. That's the bar I want to make, if I can ever find a blue dome also.

And yes, CMB, it is the dome that David has. I paid for it about a year ago.

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
CFD125 said:
And yes, CMB, it is the dome that David has. I paid for it about a year ago.

That makes me very disappointed. He was offering me that lens in April last year and we agreed of that he was going to sell it to me plus some other lights.

The last time I spoked with him he told me that he had the things waiting for me but nothing happend.

I did not pursued the matter due to his business problem and his police academy time.

Very disappointing.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.