Not for sale (yet) but if you are interested in any of these......

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
... I would like to check interest before I commit to getting any of the following lightbars.

I just finalized arrangements to make a short run Saturday, Jan. 1 to a buddy's to check on a group of retired lightbars that are being offered for sale by a Texas VFD about 2 hours drive from me. I don't have any specific makes or models by name, only descriptions, but it appears there is a Federal VisiBar, either a Federal Twinsonic or a Code 3 SD, a Whelen AdvantEdge, a Code 3 MX7000 or an Excalibur, a Whelen Edge, an unknown mini bar, a couple of unknown fullsize bars, and there are possibly more in another storage area we will be checking after I arrive. At this moment, they are priced for one money as an entire lot, so unless I can work out a separate deal for any individual bars, I will apparently have to get all of them or none. If I have to get them individually, I will pass on any obvious junk but will get anything that appears to be complete or decent for rebuilding. However, the price is fair enough that I will probably get them all, since I have plenty of room to transport them.

If you have an interest in any of these, please PM me and I'll try to post pics afterward with accurate descriptions. If you are first with a PM on a particular bar, you will have the first shot to buy it. I am no longer restoring, rebuilding, or refurbishing lightbars like I have done over the last 30+ years, because of the onset of arthritis and other health issues, but getting this many bars at once, especially a VisiBar and a Twinsonic, looks to be too good to pass up.

Mods, I'll edit this post after I return with the details.

Thanks!

FIRST EDIT-Sunday, Jan 2: I have the bars now and they include a VisiBar, 2 Twinsonics (one has been gutted), 2 AdvantEdges (rotator/strobe models), an Edge, a Mini Edge, a couple of chaindrive Jetsonics, an MX700 all strobe, an Aerodynic with Twinsonic style innards, a Force 4 XL minibar, and a couple of homebrewed bars only good for the parts (one is a Twinsonic frame with Force 4 LP guts). One of the Twinsonics is apparently a CTS, as it has red domes with the California style amber rear cutout on the driver's rear side. I stayed over, since I am checking on some other lights and parts tomorrow, so I'll know more after returning home and will answer my PMs then.

SECOND EDIT-Monday, Jan. 3: I finally arrived home late this afternoon. I stayed an extra day while another nearby department cleaned out their storage room and I have added several boxes full of lighting stuff. There are lots of assorted odd and end Whelen, Code 3, Tomar, and other parts. Mostly there are Edge parts, lenses, wiring, assorted strobe power supplies, strobe modules, strobe and halogen bulbs, and there are even a couple of like new Signal DLX3 LEDs that are both clear in color. I also have a complete 3 piece clear dome set for a Force 4 LP6000 bar and a LP6100 minibar clear dome. None of them have been cleaned or polished, and they would look better if that were done. The 3 piece set is currently about a 7 on a 1-10 and is pretty transparent, plus they are the hard coated type, and the minibar dome is about a 5 and it is hazy.

The red domes on one of the Twinsonics are definitely for a California CTS model, with the amber rear cutout, but the bar has a par 36 bulb under the cutout instead of the correct par 46 and it is not working. The VisiBar works great, spins smooth and relatively fast, and is nice and quiet, but the crossbar has major cosmetic issues from the haphazard removal of the speaker and a pair of add on lollipop lights. The MX7000 has 8 strobes in the upper deck that all work fine and a unique pair of smart lights in the lower deck corners that can either sweep, or lock in as takedowns or alleys. I have a swap pending for it's red upper deck domes in exchange for a set of ambers, so it would be great for a tow truck, pilot car, or a whacker. Both of the AdvantEdge bars are a strobe/rotator combo, and one works fine but the other is missing lots of the internal parts and wiring and is a parts bar only. The Edge and mini Edge work fine, as does the XL minibar, but both Jetsonics are non working. The Aerodynic/sonic has not been tested yet, but it has a noticeable crack on one of the dome's end panels around the top curve of the endcap. I also have a Smith & Wesson 8800 series bar left from my collecting days, plus some S&W bar parts. It has red domes with clear front takedown cutouts and rear amber flasher cutouts but no alleys, and the endcaps are in perfect shape with no breaks or cracks. There are 4 rotators and the inboard stationary lights are the large rectangular headlight type. It has both mounts and a long cable.

I'll go over everything in the next couple of days and will try to post pics later this week. When that is done, I'll move this post to the for sale thread. Thanks for your interest.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I'd like pics of the advantedge

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
Will do, and for everyone who has sent PMs, I'll get them answered ASAP. I won't be able to get a camera until later this week, so in the meantime, I'll be testing and cleaning up the bars. Most have been in storage for awhile, so there is lots of cobwebs and dust. The Visibar, the MX7000 strobe, one of the AdvantEdges, the Force 4 XL minibar, the Edge bar, and the mini Edge have been tested and work perfectly. The others either have too short cables or no cables at all and will need to be disassembled a bit and wiring added to allow for testing. All have been used in a working environment and have assorted minor cosmetic issues here and there, but overall, they are in reuseable shape and it was a nice haul to get a dozen assorted types of lightbars at once. The boxes of parts are going to be fun to go through too, but it looks like most of them contain assorted Edge stuff.

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
A preliminary list of these items has been posted in the vintage for sale thread elsewhere on the board. No pictures are available yet, but I'm working to try to get some made and posted. The descriptions are accurate, so please refer to it for more details and PM me if more info needed, thanks.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.