not shure what balast i need for a whelen ultra mini freedom so im here to ask!

ofd6

Dec 28, 2010
Odessa ny 14865
i have a whelen mini freedom..it orginaly was a forward facing model i baught off ebay for parts..well the guy never told me they were not passive so they require a balast...

i need to know what ballast i need..the bar will have 4 lin 12,s and 4 lin 8's the bar model number is a ft8rrrrf any help would be great the balast i think it needs is a csl4a but im not 100% shure i want all 8 heads to flash

johncody

Jan 30, 2011
USA, Hawaii
I don't see any replies so I'm not sure if you got your answers. There are two ballasts available for the Whelen Freedom LIN12 & LIN8s, a 2 channel & a 4 channel. I have the LIN12 corners I'm installing on my project bar.

Here is the link to the installation guide, there you can get a little more info on the ballast:

http://www.whelen.com/install/138/13807.pdf

You can also find ballasts on ebay, I know there is a 4 channel available right now there:

WHELEN CSL4A 4-CHANNEL LED BALLAST 01-0263662304 NEW!! | eBay

Hope this helps.

John

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
johncody said:
I don't see any replies so I'm not sure if you got your answers. There are two ballasts available for the Whelen Freedom LIN12 & LIN8s, a 2 channel & a 4 channel. I have the LIN12 corners I'm installing on my project bar.

Here is the link to the installation guide, there you can get a little more info on the ballast:

http://www.whelen.com/install/138/13807.pdf

You can also find ballasts on ebay, I know there is a 4 channel available right now there:

WHELEN CSL4A 4-CHANNEL LED BALLAST 01-0263662304 NEW!! | eBay

Hope this helps.

John

This could have been done via PM, instead of reviving a 8 month dead thread...

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
SlickTop Solutions said:
Yep, it could have, but now the info is on the board and searchable for the next person with this issue, instead of them finding this thread and wondering about the answer.

Just sayin'...

But the ballast question has been asked numerous times... A simple search would yeild the results needed...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.