Novus Dome Polish Question

May 22, 2010
Columbiana County, Ohio
Okay, So I know that Novus has #'s 1, 2, and 3 ... what is the diffrence and which one should I use for lightbar domes ? I'm talking probley domes that ranke 5-7 on the scale.

Also who here sells it and whats your price ?

WireKing

Dec 16, 2010
USA Southwest
3 is for heavy scratches, 2 is for normal polishing jobs (most lenses fall in this category). Use 1 to finish the polish process and add a but of Protestant to seal the dome against future jobs.

A tip that I learned: get yourself some 1000, 1500, and 2000 grit wet sandpaper and sand down the lenses starting with the 1000. Keep the sandpaper wet. Then after the 2000, dry off the bar and go to town with Novus 2 then 1.

The domes should look like new again.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
WireKing said:
3 is for heavy scratches, 2 is for normal polishing jobs (most lenses fall in this category). Use 1 to finish the polish process and add a but of Protestant to seal the dome against future jobs.

A The domes should look like new again.

is this a witches spell or are we converting the dome to another religon?

\

:lol:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.