NOW it's WRECKED From: Its HERE...OMG.. LOOK at my take home ride.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
Well here it is guys and gals, my 2003 CVPI... I made a few last minute changes on lighting because it was too much, now its JUST right :twisted: .

This is from the forum to this link viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1901

You should check it out if you havent.

Equipment

FRONT:

SOS Pinnacle with LED Takedowns interior bar

SOS Predator II's in the grille

SOS LED HAW's in corner lights.

SOS "Intersector" Mirror Lights

HLF

REAR:

SOS 12 head Ultra Lite in B/B/A/A/A/A/A/A/A/A/B/B upper rear deck

SOS Rear Deck Pinnacle all blue

SOS LED HAW's in reverse lights

EXTRA:

Whelen LED Spotlight Head

Tinted Windows

Rain Guards (just have not gotten them put on)

PushBar (still have not decided on one yet..??)

ai75.photobucket.com_albums_i295_fireman616wfd_DSCN0965.jpg

ai75.photobucket.com_albums_i295_fireman616wfd_DSCN0964.jpg

ai75.photobucket.com_albums_i295_fireman616wfd_DSCN0966.jpg

ai75.photobucket.com_albums_i295_fireman616wfd_DSCN0968.jpg

ai75.photobucket.com_albums_i295_fireman616wfd_DSCN0983.jpg

ai75.photobucket.com_albums_i295_fireman616wfd_DSCN0990.jpg

ai75.photobucket.com_albums_i295_fireman616wfd_DSCN1015.jpg

ai75.photobucket.com_albums_i295_fireman616wfd_DSCN1016.jpg

ai75.photobucket.com_albums_i295_fireman616wfd_DSCN1017.jpg

ai75.photobucket.com_albums_i295_fireman616wfd_DSCN1026.jpg

ai75.photobucket.com_albums_i295_fireman616wfd_DSCN0970.jpg

ai75.photobucket.com_albums_i295_fireman616wfd_DSCN0971.jpg

ai75.photobucket.com_albums_i295_fireman616wfd_DSCN0978.jpg

ai75.photobucket.com_albums_i295_fireman616wfd_DSCN0975.jpg

ai75.photobucket.com_albums_i295_fireman616wfd_DSCN0973.jpg

ai75.photobucket.com_albums_i295_fireman616wfd_DSCN0977.jpg

ai75.photobucket.com_albums_i295_fireman616wfd_DSCN0972.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ParkPiggy

May 21, 2010
Northeast Ohio
Give us a quick review on the LED spotlight! Been looking to hear how Officers like them vs the old halogens.

Oh, and very sharp light set up! I like it!

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
ParkPiggy said:
Give us a quick review on the LED spotlight! Been looking to hear how Officers like them vs the old halogens.

well it has its ups and downs... its bright! bottom line.. but it depends on what ya want really. It shoots WAY out there! It hits a good beam on a building at like 100 yards which is awesome and it blinds the piss out of drivers on traffic stops. Down fall is its just a straight beam, doesnt have any flood light to it which kindoff sucks on traffic stops and also road blocks for us. It really is a 50/50 thing whether or not you would like it or not..

I took a video of me shinning a vehicle and some buildings with it and I will work on that video for you to post on here... may take a couple days. I would do it now but a storm is about to hit and im at the fire station working so i figure i will be busy on alarm runs.

bdd012

Sep 10, 2010
South Jersey
man that looks nice! good job. i like those lights under the side mirrors. it's different. anxious to see how you like the led spotlight once you get some use on it. interesting points you made about it already. be safe on those calls.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
JaBradt85 said:
Looks pretty good, I would not like to have my name on the car. Video?

Thats not my name.. That is the Boss Mans name (the Sheriff). Most Sheriffs in Mississippi put their names on the patrol cars.

chono

Jun 5, 2010
Midwest
Not much for SOS but this car actually turned out great with it!

I would say install a push bumper. They can come in quite handy at times.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Very nice. Can you put a pic of the console. I would add a Headlight flasher to it. I think its very important for oncoming traffic.

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
fireman616wfd said:
well it has its ups and downs... its bright! bottom line.. but it depends on what ya want really. It shoots WAY out there! It hits a good beam on a building at like 100 yards which is awesome and it blinds the piss out of drivers on traffic stops. Down fall is its just a straight beam, doesnt have any flood light to it which kindoff sucks on traffic stops and also road blocks for us. It really is a 50/50 thing whether or not you would like it or not..

I took a video of me shinning a vehicle and some buildings with it and I will work on that video for you to post on here... may take a couple days. I would do it now but a storm is about to hit and im at the fire station working so i figure i will be busy on alarm runs.

Yes, but that is the point of the light. They come in different light patterns. I have a set of the 12 LED fog lights and HOLY CRAP! You could use them as spot lights on traffic stops. Absolutely blinding!

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
VolEms said:
Very nice. Can you put a pic of the console. I would add a Headlight flasher to it. I think its very important for oncoming traffic.

you dont want to see the console.. lol its just a stack rack. I left whatever was inside in there. A radio, SW300 switchbox, and a PA300 siren.

O and yes it does have a HLF.. forgot to put that in the description.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
not a huge fan of your dept's striping, but it def looks like a great lighting setup, and i'm looking forward to a vid.

for the PB that ur still thinking about, how about something standard like a setina pb400?

May 16, 2010
Torrington, WY
Respondcode3 said:
Who's Phillip Smith?
fireman616wfd said:
Thats not my name.. That is the Boss Mans name (the Sheriff). Most Sheriffs in Mississippi put their names on the patrol cars.

factorone33

Jun 13, 2010
Merriam, KS
ParkPiggy said:

We've been installing them on every Law Enforcement vehicle that comes through our shop, and everyone has raved about them thus far (especially when coupled with the Noptic spotlight-mounted infrared camera system). :D

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
ParkPiggy said:

Our PD has a few cars with the LED and the rest are normal halogen. I've noticed 2 mentalities towards them:

1.) THAT THING IS AWESOME!

2.) The only thing I notice is it's a 'whiter' light which is nice, no real difference otherwise.

That being said, there is never any negative feedback about them. :)

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
SireLite said:
It looks great. Just please get someone to loom those wires behind the grille. Thats a fire waiting to happen.

yea a deputy put those in while I was doing the rear deck and didnt sync them up so had to redo and while installing my shift started and got a call to a 2 vehicle MVA with Injuries and possibly both drivers being intoxicated so I was throwing crap all over and got to pull her out and run code right off... I pulled up and my buddies with the FD turned and looked at my car and said... :shock: ... then I said :cool: ... haha

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
2 questions:

Is there a video I missed?

Are the interior bars pretty much just several GHOST heads in one 'package'? That's just how it struck me when looking at the pics.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
aberfitchguy2472 said:
Looks good! :)

The only thing I would do is add some SOS Universal Undercovers in the brake lights to give you some red to the rear and maybe some rear side coverage.

i thought about it... I will probably end up adding a Pushbar, a set of LED Mini3s on the side of it, and put a Mini3 in my bottom corner on my side rear doors and maybe the LEDs in the tailights. Those Intersector Mirror LEDs do enough though! :eek:

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
RL1 said:
2 questions:

Is there a video I missed?

Are the interior bars pretty much just several GHOST heads in one 'package'? That's just how it struck me when looking at the pics.

No video yet... I have it recorded just got to edit it. I have front, side and rear along with video of the LED spotlight and TD bar so I am going to toss it into one video.

And no the interior bars are like have a Pinnacle lightbar inside your vehicle. It uses sound off's "fusion technology" in the heads which is a mix of a TIR and a LIN in one head which makes for an AWESOME light output head on and off axis! :D

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
So the warning lights are worth more than the car?

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
fireman616wfd said:
having problems uploading it to photobucket.. I'm trying

Have you tried Youtube?

explorerjones91

Nov 1, 2010
ATL, GA
ParkPiggy said:

its great i have two of the on my car they are bright and you can see alot better with them

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.