NY-EAS Grand Cherokee

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
strobecrazy said:
Too bad the lights weren't on.

Too bad that guy wouldn't shut up. (Lol)

I've never heard of "EAS" used in NYC (or anywhere else that I've lived). Looks like a few M-series in the front and rear, a firebeam, gen I slimlighter, a dual viper (?) on the passenger side headliner, and some unknown front LP and interior lights. Assuming they didn't mess up the flash patterns, which I'm gonna assume they did, there's a lot of potential here.

I'm also glad they felt the need to have 2 dash lights on top of Each other, since one isn't enough :-/

(However, one thing I do like about most POVs in a certain NYC VAS is having a fast rotating halogen firebeam on the dash, combined with LEDs!)

Reactions: NVFD612
May 27, 2013
NY
LOL "RARE EMERGENCY AMBULANCE SERVICES UNIT"......

Its a Hatzolah member.... No need to try to figure it out any further. You can tell by the placards. Hatzolah also usually has 1 red rotator and 2 or 5 other LED dash lights as well lol.

Yeah, this is Hatzolah...

Nice looking Jeep though.

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
It's not Hatzolah, it has an orange Ez-Pass. Most likely LE, maybe chief or something else.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
theroofable said:
Does the orange EZ pass reduce the charge or something?

Orange is given to official EVs and MTA vehicles. I've never seen a published rate for an orange pass, but I doubt it's much of a charge (if at all)

dovy6

May 18, 2011
Brooklyn
Orange ez passes are not given out anymore, from my understanding. They were supposed to only be given to official vehicles, sanitation, city ambulances, etc. Obviously some other people were able to get 'em too.

This is most definitely a Hatzolah vehicle, as evidenced by the "Hatzolah" plaque on the dashboard

May 27, 2013
NY
lafd55 said:
It's not Hatzolah, it has an orange Ez-Pass. Most likely LE, maybe chief or something else.

Negative K..... It is absolutely Hatzolah... One of the placards is a DOT parking placard given out to Hatzolah members, and the other one is a non-official Hatzolah placard. 100% Hatzolah. They probably have connections to get the EZ-Passes just like they have connections to get official DOT parking placards and run RL&S.....

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
EASV = Emergency Ambulance Service Vehicle as specified in Part 800 of NYS health law. Defines how they have to be outfitted and equipped, etc.

yakomo

Jun 8, 2010
NY
This guys is Hatzolah and NYPD Highway Auxiliary. The orange ezpass is just a cover that goes on over the regular white EZPass.

iceman4122

May 25, 2010
New York
Yakoko beat me to it. Its just an orange sleeve that a regular ezpass slips into giving the looking of an orange one.

On a different note, whoever this guy is just recording random cars and coming up with special names for them needs to find a new lover... I mean puppy to be his new companion.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
pdk9 said:
Orange is given to official EVs and MTA vehicles. I've never seen a published rate for an orange pass, but I doubt it's much of a charge (if at all)

The agencies are billed, I don't know at what rate

QuickSilv3r

Jul 3, 2012
Southwest CT
Yep, the big H. even if the placards didn't give it away, who else runs 10+ lightheads to the front plus a red rotator?!

"too bad the lights weren't on" ... I can only imagine the blur of split fail, fast patterns and non synchronized lightheads, plus too many lights. I know I'm judging, but I think we've seen enough of those installs on here to make an educated guess on this one.

NYCguy

Dec 30, 2011
NYC
Guys, EVEN when you were issued (as an employee of the MTA or TBTA) an orange EZPASS, it only worked on certain bridges such as the GWB, Holland Tunnel, etc. it did not work on the VZ and some others. The employee could pre-pay on their orange EZPASS so they could go over these other bridges, etc. Anyone with an orange EZPASS who is legit, must show ID at the booth to get through for free.

Also, the orange windshield holders for EZPASS (imported from China of course) were making their rounds last year but I was told they are all gone now.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
911 said:
the rate is 0% . they are non-revunue...... also they only give white now....... also non-revune for agenies

That's not the way I remember it, I was told that we (NYPD) were billed for our crossings, at a reduced rate.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
iceman4122 said:
Yakoko beat me to it. Its just an orange sleeve that a regular ezpass slips into giving the looking of an orange one.

That is ultra toolish; I didn't even know they made orange covers for EZ-Pass lol.

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
Skip Goulet said:
Are these used as first response or chase vehicles, or just a chief's car?
First responders, each and every one of them.

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
They make E-ZPass holders in every color and design you can think of, not to mention I have scene threads else where where people have painted theirs to make them less noticeable. That might be a holder but I think it's an actual E-ZPass, but that's my honest opinion.

May 27, 2013
NY
Skip Goulet said:
I'd like to see it lit up and responding.

No you wouldn't. The problem is, you would be so blinded that you literally wouldn't be able to tell what it is.... I can bet that every light is set super fast, nothing is synced, and there are way too many lights. I'll bet there are flashers/strobes in the high beams AND fogs and there are probably more grill lights behind the grill than just the 2 red ones.

duncanbyy

Sep 3, 2016
New York City
AKA state certified fly car, AKA Hatzolah.....
LMAO... those are not state certified, just self certified.

Go look for a REAL ambulance, even the volunteer ones, fly cars included, they have a orange sticker on the passenger side of windshield. That's the actual state certification which need to be renewed every 3 years.

Example:
GettyImages-1212829039.jpg

Technically speaking, you need to have this displayed on 3 sides of the vehicle as well. But most of us, myself included, ignored it... LOL
26895367927_c3a4b1abb6_b.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.