NYC transit police advantedge style glued candy cane lenses

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

I have set my self up to make glued lens sections for the advantedge and edge, like the ones in the video. Does anyone know the length of individual pieces? I was planning on measuring the overall length of each side's lens section (including the part inserted into the center section gasket) and dividing it into 4 equal sections. Does anyone see or know of any info to contradict the equal division?

advglue.JPG

I have set my self up to make glued lens sections for the advantedge and edge, like the ones in the video. Does anyone know the length of individual pieces? I was planning on measuring the overall length of each side's lens section (including the part inserted into the center section gasket) and dividing it into 4 equal sections. Does anyone see or know of any info to contradict the equal division?

View attachment 241286
Would you consider making them for others if yours turn out good?

cabunty

Sep 21, 2014
New England
Oh wow...these bring me back...so does that video... Funny thing was that some of them had fast motors and some did not. Lo-pros would rattle and no Whelen siren, Mark VII's in everything with the yelp on the horn.

Those hubcaps came screaming off and sliced their way down the street within minutes of the first hot call...and were never seen again...ever.

Oh and the dents and damage! TA definitely had the best looking, least amount of damage compared to NYPD and Housing and even got accreditation in 91!

Reactions: cc113

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.