NYPD Aerotwin first look

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Facebook marketplace is going to be the death of me, with all the stuff I have been bringing back the Mrs. is just delighted when I pull up.

Recent find... just shy of 4 hours round trip today. I have not done anything to this other then take some pictures, and do some exploring.

Tag reads 24 RMVF-2Z. Needs a good going over, I think I have a set of new domes for this still. Almost sold them and now I am glad I didn't. Will need to find some tube feet which I may already have, and the correct bulbs which again I should already have.

Optimized-20210627_141112.jpg Optimized-20210627_141126.jpg Optimized-20210627_141153.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2013
PA
@JPstealth the garage owner said that after I called his messenger blew up!

I fixed the YT video as the wrong link was playing. DOH!
Try it again

Reactions: Tony P

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
I found my NYPD Aero in 2011 in your area, with almost the same bulb configuration, but blue and amber instead of clear. Seller said it was used as a wrecker bar, although I don't recall blue being used for wreckers in NY state back in 2011.

Nice bar!

Jun 18, 2013
PA
@toon80 I have located quite a few that when they were surplussed wrecker operators flipped the domes around. Amber to the front, and Red to the rear being used as STTs. Then replaced the bulbs in the rotators with Amber. At the time not a bad idea considering how cheap they were going for on the surplus market back then.

Reactions: toon80

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
great find :)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.