NYPD anti-terror hercules unit patroling

May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
Man, what a let-down. I read the title and thought the NYPD had one of these:

awww.airforceworld.com_attacker_gfx_ac130_ac130_3.jpg

But nope...just another lame, black SUV.

jswwjw

Dec 10, 2010
Southern Indiana
There is a good video up on Netflix dated 11-11 on the NYPD Anti terrorist units including the Hercules units. Might want to check it out.

Its called Counter Terror NYC.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
twodogs603 said:
Anyone notice the blue lights on the transit bus? Also how no one in the cross walk would yield to the police car.

Yeah, MTA has those to signal which are express busses. I don't agree with the color use, but it's already said and done.

If I were in the last CVPI, I would've wanted to airhorn the dumbass tourists, but I guess they're so used to idiots walking in front of them all the time that they're desensitized/used to it (and sometimes there's no point using your siren in midtown crosswalks, b/c the dumb tourists just stop in front of you and scratch their heads...no joke)

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
The Hercules Detail, (it's not a standing unit, different officers are "detailed" to it every tour) is comprised of a set number of officers from ESU, K-9 Handler and dog, HWY patrol and I think the Bomb Squad.

The MTA bus blue lights are being phased out. Take 1 guess.

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
pdk9 said:
Yeah, MTA has those to signal which are express busses. I don't agree with the color use, but it's already said and done.
If I were in the last CVPI, I would've wanted to airhorn the dumbass tourists, but I guess they're so used to idiots walking in front of them all the time that they're desensitized/used to it (and sometimes there's no point using your siren in midtown crosswalks, b/c the dumb tourists just stop in front of you and scratch their heads...no joke)

I'm sorry the Black SUV just wasn't impressive in the least....... :confused:

Thats why NYC is a good place to vist, but not stay.. but I digress, they all end up moving HERE, so we get their bad drivers... :duh:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.