NYPD Forklift with R/W Whelen Liberty !

HPD84

May 16, 2010
City of Houston,Texas
Just when i thought i seen all the NYPD Fleet,this one was interesting a Red/White Liberty on a Forklift. Anyone else have interesting NYPD Fleet Vehicles or item pics?

ai47.photobucket.com_albums_f196_m3rican_2010_20Police_20Equipment_20Sales_IMG_0536.jpg

ai47.photobucket.com_albums_f196_m3rican_2010_20Police_20Equipment_20Sales_IMG_0534.jpg

ai47.photobucket.com_albums_f196_m3rican_2010_20Police_20Equipment_20Sales_IMG_0530.jpg

ai47.photobucket.com_albums_f196_m3rican_2010_20Police_20Equipment_20Sales_IMG_0529.jpg

ai47.photobucket.com_albums_f196_m3rican_2010_20Police_20Equipment_20Sales_IMG_0528.jpg

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
sbparkcop said:
Why in God's name would a forklift, NYPD or not, need a fully populated Whelen Liberty? Tax dollars at work, ladies and gentlemen.

And people wonder why this country is in debt- people that do retarded shit like that!

RMBROWN

May 20, 2010
Brooklyn.MI
please pull your vehicle over...WTF??? Its a forklift that moves boxes for the nypd...Just weird imo

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
You have GOT to be shitting me!!! Like someone said, stupid shit like THIS is why the country is in the financial situation that it is in.

NJEMT

May 22, 2010
Essex County, NJ
Its even got takedowns for the traffic stops it makes

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
What the heck is the NYPD's PMU (written on the side of the forklift)? The closest thing I have found on Google was Performance Monitoring Unit, but not a description.

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
FireEMSPolice said:
What the heck is the NYPD's PMU (written on the side of the forklift)? The closest thing I have found on Google was Performance Monitoring Unit, but not a description.

Preventative Maintenance Unit?

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Are we sure it's a Red/White bar, and not a fully populated amber bar...? But knowing NYPD, its probably red/blue or red/white... LoL

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Maybe HPD sold it to the NYPD. They use the fed sig lightbars, I have never seen a Whalen bar on a NYPD vehicle before.

May 22, 2010
New York City
ok, first of all, its red/white !!! it belongs to the mounted unit, im more than sure its to lift a horse trailer off a hitch and move it on to another vehicle,or something to that effect, and i also believe there is a pa300 mounted in there........ and now for the ooooh whelen lol , the nypd uses more whelen than you think !!!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
put that on my "police vehicles my KIA could outrun" list cause i aint stoppin for it.

:lol:

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
Oh crap, please tell me that bar suffered a roll-over collision and was pulled out of the trash and put on the forklift by some bored motor pool jock.

If not, more wasteful government spending at work...

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
911 said:
ok, first of all, its red/white !!!

Easy killer... I was merely asking if we "knew" that this was a Red/White bar since the pics don't show the bar lit up... My apologies for asking a question... I shall remember to never do it again... LoL

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
TritonBoulder47 said:
My apologies for asking a question... I shall remember to never do it again... LoL

BULL $HIT ! :lol:

Maybe it has the lightbar because it fell off of a pallet it was moving and cracked an endcap. Doesn't NYPD throw away everything if just one thing breaks? :roll:

Last edited by a moderator:

John

May 30, 2010
NYC
MY guess is that it went to fleet services to lettered and upfitted. The mechanic then realized they had the bar laying around and they got a kick out of slapping it on a forklift. 911 is correct, the PMU designation means it is assigned to the mounted unit.

BigDogg795

May 21, 2010
Long Island, NY
First, that amber beacon was probably factory installed IMHO. Second, I'm deeply saddened that this was not repainted in typical NYPD colors; 911 you know what I mean, Hell, even the Prius's (Priui?) that were originally white on blue were repainted to blue on white.

Third? That would look so much better with a mini jetstream like the rest of the Cushman's out there!

May 22, 2010
New York City
most blue/black nypd cars are being retired rather than being painted........ its cheaper to buy white for everyone,and also its provides omni-presence......the nypd does do weird things with lights,but if you noticed whelen has been showing up alot lately in the fleet......

theolog

Dec 27, 2010
North Carolina
sbparkcop said:
Why in God's name would a forklift, NYPD or not, need a fully populated Whelen Liberty? Tax dollars at work, ladies and gentlemen.

You mean you don't get into chases with your forklift every other shift? Good god man you must work in the sticks. Get a real job. :lol:

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
kitn1mcc said:
would be good to keep vehicle from fleeing list up a wheel

A sphincter says what?

*Edit*

For what ever reason, my computer slipped into a black hole, and posted the same message 3 times. I can't explain it.

Last edited by a moderator:

kitn1mcc

May 24, 2010
Old lyme ct
damn key board

said it could be used to keep vehicle from Fleeing during a traffic stop pull up and lift up the front end

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
VolEms said:
Maybe HPD sold it to the NYPD. They use the fed sig lightbars, I have never seen a Whalen bar on a NYPD vehicle before.

I have never seen a Whalen bar period.....

Oct 27, 2010
Irving TX
FDNY 10-75 said:

Well, if this was taken on new years eve in time square, then one may be lead to think it may be used to transport metal bariers.

and as for the lightbar, hell, why not. I know if i had a forklift with a LAPD sticker on it I would put a fully populated lightbar on it. :D

May 22, 2010
New York City
Bigredinstalls said:
Well, if this was taken on new years eve in time square, then one may be lead to think it may be used to transport metal bariers.

and as for the lightbar, hell, why not. I know if i had a forklift with a LAPD sticker on it I would put a fully populated lightbar on it. :D

one may be lead to think that, but it was confirmed that it belongs to the mounted division... like i said it was confirmed as such to even say that one forklight also has a pa300 in it !

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Maybe they need to start putting Federal Q-2B's and some auxiliary lighting on those forklifts? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.