(NYPD) Help identifying deck lights

michaelmav

Nov 27, 2020
New York
Hi all, this is my first post here. I am a 2014 Ford Interceptor Sedan owner and I noticed the NYPD uses some rear deck lights on the Taurus (particularly unmarked) that they don’t really use on other cars. Any help identifying these would be appreciated. I will go to my local PCT and grab a picture if necessary but I believe they’re also used on this vehicle:

SEPD_52

Dec 24, 2014
Illinois
I second billyfromhill. NYPD seems to like to use FedSig equipment; they're definitely in the FS family.

Also like billyfromhill said they look like Vipers S2's. The curvature of the deck lights looks like Viper S2s (that look like they're mounted upside down with the shroud).

Attachments

• 20201128_225056.png
    20201128_225056.png
    495.5 KB · Views: 5

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
They’ve used R/B vipers for a long time on their marked and unmarked units.
Slimlighters are typically just used on highway patrol units (with an occasional exception on some unmarked units)

SEPD_52

Dec 24, 2014
Illinois
You can always pick Vipers out in a crowd, just look for the light with 50% (or more) of the LEDs dead.

So true! The newer version had PCB board components that were bigger so they blocked a good portion the reflector to boot.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.