NYPD Hot Topic- (DON'T) "SHOOT TO KILL"

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
I'm sorry for the following post..

Are you fucking serious!? !? What is the main reason for center mass aiming?? to be able to hopefully hit the target when you have a Adrenalin dump and/or just ran after a perp for xx blocks.... aim for the leg, your 5 feet off- aim for center mass, your almost dead on, or a bit off, but hopefully that bullet is still hitting the proper target.

I know what will happen if this gets approved- I swear I was aiming for his leg sarge.... and how will they prove the officer was/was not?

Don't get me wrong, I am not "pro death" but if an officer is shooting a person, there is a very good reason why...

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
speechless.... I can't even comment on this trivel... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Pursuit

May 23, 2010
Pulaski County, AR
If a police officer is required to shoot a suspect, it is typically because the police officer is trying to protect his own life. I cannot speak for everyone, but a police officer’s life is much more important than some silly policy.

Other the other hand, the market for Kevlar knee, and leg vest will go up in sales. ;)

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Legislators are staring to drink the "movie/tv tricks" koolaid. :roll:

This is movie shit, like all this CSI shit that makes our jobs harder.

We're trained to "shoot to stop," not "shoot to kill".... It just happens to be that the best target to "stop" someone also happens to be the place, where if shot, often (not always) results in death. Death is not our intention, just "collateral damage" so to speak.

UndercoverVLS

Jun 1, 2010
NY
Its all craziness, and as said above, its gotten from all these TV shows where every situation is so calmly handled. And this insane proposal is for all of NY state not just NYC. Actually saw a target used at the range that someone dummied up and the shaded "hit" area was changed to the fist holding the gun and the bicep area.

Dont know about you guys but I think I'd rather take a round, especially a hollow point, to a nice meaty area then to my knee cap, fist, elbow, etc.. :eek: :eek: :shock: Those areas shatter like glass :?

cutiger

Jun 11, 2010
SC
This is some dumb crap and it's going to get and officer killed. If I were in a situation and had to shoot someone with this rule in effect I would have to shoot a foot or two high.

11b101abn

Jun 10, 2010
Georgia, United States
Shooting to stop the threat is just a court friendly response to an attornies question about our training.

veery one of my UoF instructors trains to keep putting bullets into the BG until he stops and drops whatever weapon he/she has in thier possession.

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
ParkPiggy said:
Its the TV generation. We can also get the crime lab to fully process a scene, and complete DNA analysis in 30min.

Even better is that people think we actually HAVE a crime lab...

UndercoverVLS

Jun 1, 2010
NY
YEAH haha... You know, "just plug the info into the "National Database" and see what you get". You know how many times I've heard that in shows in the last week??!!?!

Ahhhh the all knowing national database. Solves O so many crimes

BigWil

May 22, 2010
Ontario
Your honor, I aimed for his leg, but due to adrenlin, all 9 shots went into center mass. I aimed for his leg, honest. :D

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
BigWil said:
Your honor, I aimed for his leg, but due to adrenlin, all 9 shots went into center mass. I aimed for his leg, honest. :D

What about the three round centered in his brain stem sir? ;)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.