NYPD Signal Star Bar authentication

May 21, 2010
Western Montana
Need the brain trust's assessment: other than incorrect domes, is this bar authentic and complete? Are the 374 domes hard to obtain?

Thanks.

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
The can lights and speaker are definitely incorrect. Pretty sure the bar is wrong, too. Can’t tell about beacons without seeing the tags. Original 374 lenses are very hard to come by.

deelony

May 23, 2010
LINY
Its an Authentic signal stat crossbar,beacons and flasher cans. The domes are incorrect and it is not a nypd bar. Nypd used trio cans rebranded as signal stat #672 i believe?

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
The Signal-Stat bar have the feets for hook-on mount and not for gutter mount as used by NYPD.
The lights are Signal-Stat 374s but with Stratolite 80 lenses.
The speaker is an Atlas-Sound HPR-70W and there are a pair of turn signal light flashers.
Not much NYPD there as previous mentioned.

Michael

NESQ115

Jan 21, 2012
New York
In addition to what has been mentioned, I see one other discrepancy. At least one of the two beacons appears to be a model 377 (tilted lamps)(which NYPD used only in 1972 as a stand-alone beacon on an extension base), whereas the beacons on an actual NYPD light bar should both be model 374. I imagine whoever is bidding on this thinks it is an authentic NYPD set-up.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Sold! For $1,136 plus shipping.

I bet that seller is pretty happy! Even though it wasn't authentic NYPD, I hope the seller packages the whole thing well for the buyer.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Sadly, there is a sucker born every minute. I saw it on eBay and the first error that caught my eye were the incorrect can lights. If the driver's side beacon is actually a Signal Stat 377, those are rare, but I doubt that parting out this bar would recoup the total cost of purchase.

Reactions: Tony P

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
If you read it carefully the seller never claims it's an NYPD bar.
Those can lights might be correct for an early generation McDermott Riser bar so they may in fact be Signal-Stat cans. But for a hodgepodge of lights and speaker it's definitely a ripoff at that price.

deelony

May 23, 2010
LINY
If you read it carefully the seller never claims it's an NYPD bar.
Those can lights might be correct for an early generation McDermott Riser bar so they may in fact be Signal-Stat cans. But for a hodgepodge of lights and speaker it's definitely a ripoff at that price.
they are indeed signal stat cans, here is a photo of the same ones on my manual mcdermott

Attachments

• 20170202_120149.jpg
    20170202_120149.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 46

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.