odd aero

Jul 14, 2014
NV
Interesting. Same color domes to the rear? Love the 25CF series B in the background.

lenny77

Aug 12, 2014
n.y
oddly enough the rear is set as mix of amber clear. was told it came from a parkway service van rear mounted so i guessing the outer par 36 were used as brake lights??

Last edited:

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
Yep, that is an interesting dome config. Your quick buffing of the lenses makes a hell of a difference! Great job so far, and you sure can't beat the price! :)

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
Great looking light ! Will clean up just fine. Amazing what a little elbow grease will do to these old lenses.

lenny77

Aug 12, 2014
n.y
i thank my lucky stars that some clean up as good as they do.. if i had to buy new for them all I'd be hurt'n for certain. but lets face it you just can't beat a set of brand new aero domes. eye jewelry :) kinda shocked no one has commented on the center housing repair. at least they didnt molest the cross bar holes, now i have the four screw holes from the slef tappers to deal with, im thinking antenna farm. that job kinda confirms that it was on a state owned vehicle.. no disrespect to state fleet employees but I've seen some real winners. some with unlimited budgets!!!!!

Last edited:

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
Had not paid much attention to the siren housing until you mentioned it. The front one is on upside down.

lenny77

Aug 12, 2014
n.y
not sure how you came to that conclusion as you can't install the center chorme upside down.. wait.. this isn't the grille style with the two top rows missing vents it has all 48 vs 36 thats if the math in my head is right.. but definitely not upside down guessing they lost the strip to hold both pieces down, so they fabbed up that ..... thing.

Last edited:

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Early Aeros had full rows of slots for the speaker cover. Later FS deleted two rows beside the end slots for whatever reason.

Lenny's early version:
20160705_215449-jpg.158064

Later version:
ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_24CA1.jpg

Early Aeros had full rows of slots for the speaker cover. Later FS deleted two rows beside the end slots for whatever reason.
Aerodynamics. The full row of slots produced greater drag buy trapping air in the speaker housing. Eliminating some of the slots allowed more airflow over the housing without diminishing sound projection.

Reactions: CrownVic97

lenny77

Aug 12, 2014
n.y
just for fun i put those domes on an aerotwin. i like it vs the all red i have on it, mite be a keeper !!

Reactions: Tony P

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.