Official FedSig Vision SLR thread

PJH

May 23, 2010
CO Springs&West PointNY
I saw the demo one making the rounds at Harrisburg. I'd have to say that I am impressed...as its a different look. It will be very interesting to see how it sells. Somewhere I have a red/red-white clip of it from the blackberry.

Bord141

May 27, 2010
St. Paul, MN
If Fed Sig can pull this bar off and be able to sell it at a decent price, they might have something cooking. It will be interesting to see in the coming months once it hits the streets. I found this video on YouTube:

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Ok, I would buy one..

Also, I dunno about you guys, but I would hope that controller has the "ecto-1" siren built in.. I think they would match one another very well. :p

medicandy

May 21, 2010
NC
I am a whelen guy but back in the day I used to like the vision. If that works and like others have said for a decent price I am really going to look into one. That thing looked great. wow :shock:

Mike L.

May 21, 2010
Everett, WA
It would be cool if you could program it to only do specific colors. In my current job I have no need for blue for example so it would be cool to have a switch for all amber for routine stuff and a switch for all red or red/white for emergency response. Does it have dedicated TD/Alley or is it like the halogen version in which the reflector simply rotates to the required position? Cool bar though.

Rusted413

May 25, 2010
Blacksburg, VA
Always liked the V style bars. I like how these are a bit lower profile. I feel the current led visions don't really use the space all that well. I'm curious if you can have one color to the front/side and another to the back? I'm thinking white/clear to the front amber to the back for certain pods.

May 21, 2010
Berlin, MI, 48002
Really cool bar! I do like it.

Nice to see something with a little bit newer design, rather than shoving the Solaris modules in everything from the Aerodynic to the current LED Vision...

I wonder what the damned thing must cost though.... :cry:

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
ChargerLighting said:
I wonder what the damned thing must cost though.... :cry:
Probably one of those things where "if you have to ask, you probably can't afford it"... :lol:

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
Pricing will vary quite a bit. If you want a 4-colour bar it's going to be a lot pricier than a single colour bar. I believe there will be options for you to have, for example, 5 pods in single colour and 2 pods configured for multi colour. It'll still give very good performance and will knock the price down. My guess is that if you want a 7-pod 4-colour-per-pod bar, you're going to be spending a lot of money for it.

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
Months. Nothing solid yet in terms of a date. They are releasing their new lo-pro V bar at the upcoming Police & Security show... on the 22nd? I'll try to get some pics of that up when I get them. But, I don't know when that one is supposed to be available either, though I hope to have one on my demo car for a show we're doing in Canada in August.

Stendec

May 21, 2010
I'd really like it to work, but it's going to cost more than the second-hand and rebuilt cars we often wind up with.

The original Vector/Visions did nothing for me - all of the drag of a Streethawk without the same output.

I'd like to see the new FedSig bar next to the PowerArc VOLT and have them fight to the death. There can be only one.

medicandy

May 21, 2010
NC
I wounder if Texas DPS would like these bars since they go for the 4 TD's on all the units they have. Talk about all the white light to the front you could ever want. :cool:

catfish

May 24, 2010
Ontario Canada
medicandy said:
I wounder if Texas DPS would like these bars since they go for the 4 TD's on all the units they have. Talk about all the white light to the front you could ever want. :cool:
I think their new liberties are bright enough for their needs ;)

cutiger

Jun 11, 2010
SC
:eek: :shock: I think that I need to go change my pants. That was just awesome. :shock:

FedSigFan

May 21, 2010
DFW
I like how the guy holding the camera in the video says "huh huh holy chit" when all the pods go into takedown mode at 45 sec. :lol:

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
Y'all might want to keep an eye on FS' facebook page. They'll be sneak-peaking info over the next few days on the new low pro V bar, and I gather 3 other items that will be released at the Police and Security Expo next week. Don't ask me about the other 3 things - I only knew about the V bar!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/FederalSignalFR

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Kevin K. said:
Wow!

So, this new V-bar is called the Valor ... and this and the Vision SLR is only going to cost a thousand bucks per unit?!? I'll take one of each!
Where did you find a price?? And if its that cheap.. Sign me up too! (and I got a convertible!) :lol:

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
Northampton County, PA, USA
unlisted said:
Where did you find a price?? And if its that cheap.. Sign me up too! (and I got a convertible!) :lol:

There's a link on FedSig's front page. It's about a contest, and the rules therein revealed the name of the new bar; and the company apparently values the Vision SLR and the Valor at a thousand bucks per unit. Of course, let's just see what the list price actually is.

RolnCode3

May 21, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Kevin K. said:
There's a link on FedSig's front page. It's about a contest, and the rules therein revealed the name of the new bar; and the company apparently values the Vision SLR and the Valor at a thousand bucks per unit. Of course, let's just see what the list price actually is.[/quote:2cfl1jl7]

Can't find the link to the contest.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
I went from a Vision to a Tomar Blade and couldnt be happier. My Vision had a stroke and would only part work. I still think the V bars have a nice look to them but are very high profile.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I want to dislike this bar.... something aout moving LEDs just bugs me. But I'll admit it... I like this bar. It's just too cool not to.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
The name of this led rotating V-bar is not the valor. That name refers to a different LED V bar shown below

valor.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.