Knox County, ME
E44E9B0D-524E-480C-85B7-A472A506060C.png

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
And that's the big problem that's how everybody is turning around and selling their products because they're looking to see what they sold for on eBay or Amazon or this or that and that's what they're basing all their pricing on so they see some fool overpriced something and oh there you go... So pathetic..

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
And that's the big problem that's how everybody is turning around and selling their products because they're looking to see what they sold for on eBay or Amazon or this or that and that's what they're basing all their pricing on so they see some fool overpriced something and oh there you go... So pathetic..
I also suspect (cannot prove and I am not making an official statement) that there has been a return of a shilling (but in a new way) on eBay. Some specific items in specific categories get listed for outrageous prices and immediately get a significant number of "watchers". No bids at that time, if ever. Shill bidding is really tightly watched. The question is, is "shill watching"? If my buddy is selling his LP6000 for $2300 and he asks me to watch it to generate hype, have I done anything wrong? Has he if he? I can't find watching shilling in the TOS. Maybe it's my tinfoil hat getting in the way again, but I feel like that may be happening.

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
I also suspect (cannot prove and I am not making an official statement) that there has been a return of a shilling (but in a new way) on eBay. Some specific items in specific categories get listed for outrageous prices and immediately get a significant number of "watchers". No bids at that time, if ever. Shill bidding is really tightly watched. The question is, is "shill watching"? If my buddy is selling his LP6000 for $2300 and he asks me to watch it to generate hype, have I done anything wrong? Has he if he? I can't find watching shilling in the TOS. Maybe it's my tinfoil hat getting in the way again, but I feel like that may be happening.

It's more likely just the lot of us (or those like us) who scratch their heads and say, "Do they really think they're going to sell that thing for $2300? I'm going to add this to my list to see if some idiot actually pays that much for it"

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
It's more likely just the lot of us (or those like us) who scratch their heads and say, "Do they really think they're going to sell that thing for $2300? I'm going to add this to my list to see if some idiot actually pays that much for it"

Morbid curiosity should not be underestimated. Good point.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Of all the things wrong with that...they must be color blind....blue is not amber. Ha ha.

Reactions: Dave F

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA
I almost wonder if they did that to appease the fleabay police

that said, to the sellers credit, id sent a message basically stating i didnt know where they got 400 from but they wont get anything close to it. they messaged back saying they honestly had no clue but did know its on the rarer side and would adjust it accordingly

Reactions: StEaLtH2

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I am pretty sure I caught a failed attempt to bid up an item on eBay recently. I went pretty high, then was outbid by $25 over my cap. I said screw it, I can eat a cereal for a few days instead of lunch, and rebid. An hour later they bid it up again and I noped out. Someone else out bid them and was also outbid. The item was now over $150 more than I consider it worth. It ended with the person who kept bidding it up winning. A day later it was relisted with a buy it now of exactly my highest bid due to "non-paying bidder". I think it was an attempt to gauge my max, or at least the tinfoil headgear part of me thinks so. I did not end up purchasing the item with buy it now and an "or best offer" option appeared. I offered the exact opening bid amount from the original auction and was just ignored. The eBay cops busted the item later that week; I swear I didn't report it (even my suspicions of shill bids).

Reactions: Dave F

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
From the place of market on the book of face...
Screenshot_20230504_130904_Facebook.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.