Alley Lights

Take Downs

Forward flashers

Rear traffic advisor

Controller for traffic advisor

Switch Box

Light Bar and traffic advisor box is 8/10

Switch box is 4-5/10

Pictures are of similar lights that are almost identical to mine.

Asking $750 for whole package

You will pay actual shipping cost

Payment by check/money order ( I will hold until check clears)

Kinda surprised he is asking for so much..

Reactions: czolgista111

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
HPD84 said:
Yes here is by far the craziest crown vic sale i've seen this year $18k for a used 07 CVPI. Surely NOT going to happen in this day and age :roll:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... K:MEWAX:IT

Vehicle is/was owned by the City of Palmer, not a private party. That is very pricey for a fully marked unit with those miles. The equipment is worth more then the car, but way too much stuff for off-duty construction work. My last Tahoe went to one of these officers, he just runs a Edge Freedom with a few grille & Microman in the rear deck.

I find it always interesting when seller cover their plates on eBay, but the VIN is there and that works the same running it. Then the Youtube vidoes show the plate clearly, so what is the point in covering it on eBay, well none???? :roll:

Alovebaby41

May 23, 2010
Texas
ohi007 said:
i think that is 2000 for the entire package, bar, siren, scanner and switch box. still a little high, but not just 2 grand for a bar.
I think that it could have been a typo maybe one to many 0's. If not 2 grand for that is just insane.

May 21, 2010
Berlin, MI, 48002
$2000 for a 6 strobe Edge...? Really? That "extra" 0 is in his price in the title AND description is just scary.

Not to mention you can buy a brand new Liberty from Galls for about half that.

You'd think people charging that much for 'common' stuff would know that any buyers can look around a LOT of other places to see what they REALLY cost.

Reactions: Mrlunchbox

HPD84

May 16, 2010
City of Houston,Texas

dustymedic

May 21, 2010
Columbus,OH

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
NPS Ranger said:

Auction removed or canceled

aimages56.fotki.com_v714_photos_9_14219_7700478_KiEEwPt289JhpBMLp0qkzsg7E7E_12_vi.jpg

eBay sellerID: armsmommy said:
WHELEN ENGINEERING
WHELEN TYPE POLICE/FIRE EMERGENCY ROTATING TRAFFIC LIGHT. WHELEN IS A MAJOR GOVERNMENT CONTRACTO

This item is used and in good working condition. Light does have some marks from duct tape and should clean up nicely.

THIS AUCTION INCLUDES:

1) Whelen type Police/Fire Traffic Emergency Light (Red)

Description:

This 12 Volt Rotating Red Beacon Light comes with a vehicle cigarette lighter adapter and a strong magnetic mount. It uses a bright incandescent lamp with a polished rotating reflector. This heavy duty Rotating Beacon is ideal for use at construction sites, industrial facilities and in emergency response situations.

Features:

* Flash rate of aprox 70 FPM

* Candlepower: aprox 6600

* Size: 5.75 in. diameter by 5.25 in. tall

* Power: 12 Volts, 3 Amps, plugs directly into vehicle cigarette lighter/accessory socket

* Power on/off switch located on power plug

* Magnetic base, ideal for outer vehicle use

* Nylon cover to shield rear of light from eyes when dash mounted

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
From a local classified ads website...

I just took the picture to share...

ai767.photobucket.com_albums_xx311_toon80_Aero.jpg

The guy wants 1,200$ for that.... :lol: But hey: it's negotiable......

You old timer please chime in but is that independant rotator Aero ever sold at that price straight from the factory?

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
toon80 said:
From a local classified ads website...
I just took the picture to share...

ai767.photobucket.com_albums_xx311_toon80_Aero.jpg

The guy wants 1,200$ for that.... :lol: But hey: it's negotiable......

You old timer please chime in but is that independant rotator Aero ever sold at that price straight from the factory?

They never sold new for that price, in my old 1995 price book the independent rotator version with TCL has a MSRP of $1168.75 and take about 40% off that for street price. There is nothing that rare about the independent rotator AeroDynic, but the synchronized can be worth some money in good condition to a collector. Especially the 52" all light with reversible motor for that arrow left & right option, that is a rare bar. I would not pay more then $150 for that light bar you posted.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
oh yeah, I forgot.

Included with the AeroDynic 25tcl is another AeroDynic 22i... No picture of it....

Still pretty overkill for over a grand... :roll:

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
HPD84 said:

I was just about to post the exact same link..

Not a Whelen light, cheap China light and trying to avoid final value fees by charging $335 for shipping. I am sure it will be removed soon as eBay and/or Whelen will see it and cancel it. I copied the listing so others can see it when it gets removed.

Get yours today...super bright! Off brand but bright as can be...
PLEASE READ ALL OF THE DESCRIPTION PRIOR TO BUYING SO EVERYTHING IS UNDERSTOOD...I DO THINGS

A BIT DIFFERENT IN MY LISTINGS THAN OTHER SELLERS FOR THE BENEFIT OF YOU THE CUSTOMER

PER EBAY POLICY THIS LIGHT IS SOLD WITH

CLEAR LENSES!!!!!!

PLEASE EMAIL ME WITH ANY ?'S

Easy to install with the universal brackets that slide

under your existing visor hardware with little to no

modifications. Most installations can be done in

under 20 minutes. Fits great on the rear deck too.

12V Plug with On/Off switch

2.5 amps

15 Flash patterns

Vibration dampeners included

8 LED modules, 4 each side

4 LEDs per module

Housing constructed of painted aluminum. No

need to worry about this one melting in the sun.

SIDE NOTE: BUY IT NOW (BIN) PRICE is so low beacuase the shipping price makes up the difference. EX- 75.00 BIN price with 300.00 in shipping for a total of 375.00 only charges me $7.50 in final value fees and $4 dollars in paypal fees, where a $375.00 BIN price would charge me $27 in final value fees and $16 in paypal fees. Thus I am saving you the customer over 30 dollars listing it this way. I do it this way because the BIN price is the price that EBAY and PAYPAL charges their fees from, not the shipping charges. Therefore I can bring my product to you at a cheaper price due to less ebay and paypal fee's

THE LIGHT PICTURED IS A LINEAR MODEL...PLEASE NOTE THIS MODEL IS NOT LINEAR, EACH LED MODULE CONTAINS 4 SUPER LED'S AND EACH SIDE HAS 4 LED MODULES FOR A TOTAL OF 32 LEDS IN THE LIGHT, 16 ON EACH SIDE!

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
There's actually a term for this:

"Circumvention of fees".... I know cuz I tried it once way back when... :|

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.