Official Junk, Overpriced, etc. Thread

Jun 18, 2013
PA
So now he amended his description after I asked him where the other 3/4 of the bar went. And he dropped his price.
Still offered $10 for an untested master side of a visibar.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Listed-is-a...705790?hash=item1c65e6c0fe:g:XqYAAOSwubRXH96F

Let's do some price addition and commentary based on this description (my comments in bold):

Initial asking price $350.00

Flasher may need to be replaced. Nix the flasher since the there's no flasher lights on the bar

Missing the Visibar badges on both sides of the bar. +$40

Both plastic globes are missing. +$100

One of the bulbs is burned out. +$20

The badges on the lights are in fair condition. One is model 11 A3 series and the other is a 12 A2. Not the right badges and in so-so shape: +$25.50 each for reproduction badges on eBay

The siren/horn is made by Federal Signal model SA 24 A-3 (Badge is in poor condition) Horn has dings and has not been tested. +$100 if it's truly inoperable.

Three screw holes in the top of the bar that held a small light. Nothing you can do about that for the stainless wrap-around on the bar I guess so we'll let it slide somewhat.

One of the light bodies has a small dent "Can be easily taken. Does not effect the balance. The beauty ring is NOT dented. I did not try to take out the dent. If you say that it can be fixed, why the hell didn't you fix it yourself then?

Overall, it’s a pretty good Visibar with Federal lights.

Conclusion: It's not "a pretty good Visibar" if somebody has to put over $300+ worth of parts into it to make it "a pretty good Visibar." So adding the cost of the bar, shipping, and necessary parts, the poor bastard that buys this TBR will spend approx $755 to get the thing to collector quality. NO. THANKS.

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Lightbar Liquidators - Home

....the Craigslist guy from Woburn......hahahahahahhahhahahahahahaha!!!!!

check out the parts section....MX7000 rotators 149.95 for 3 as they are nearly impossible to find......my good god

I saw this guy at an antique firetruck show & flea market near Boston today. I didn't talk with the guy because I was afraid I was going to say what I think and not filter what my brain sends to my mouth. In any case, he appears to be a bit of a wacker (no surprise). He has a white Suburban with an LED lightbar on it. On the back window in HUGE letters is the word "RESCUE". On either side of "rescue" he has round DHS stickers. On the sides of the vehicle are large Star of Life stickers. I'll bet dollars to donuts that he has a 3 ft square Star of Life sticker on the roof. In case you're wondering, it's not an official or department vehicle...it has vanity plates on it.

Check out this steal for $100....
https://boston.craigslist.org/nos/pts/5677737775.html
Not saying this is super overpriced if you needed one for an authentic restore, it's more how his ads still crack me up to this day.......

Jun 18, 2013
PA
? WTF? they spray painted the bulbs red and blue with non transparent paint... lol

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
What. The. Bloody. Hell?????

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Reactions: HCSO249

ex416

Apr 28, 2011
West Central Wisconsin
Okay, so after seeing Satan's handy-work above, I decided to do some digging for more outlandish junk ads. Well, it didn't take long.....
it's not "NICE!" by any means. It'll take a lot of doing to get to NICE, so let's start by listing it at the $123.27 shipping price instead of the crack-induced $1,049.99 price, okay?

the seller came down on his price. he originally had that listed for $1499 plus the $100+ shipping.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND

bmd224

Nov 3, 2011
NE Kansas
image.png image.png image.png I found this 'dreamsickle' back in October but somehow forgot to post it. Check out this maddness! Is that a fluted candle sconce on top?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    582.3 KB · Views: 3

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Reactions: Skulldigger

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
^Maybe.......to the most desperate person that needs it!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.