Official LED Rotator Thread

Apr 28, 2012
Knox County, ME

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
I really like that. Thats an led var I would definately replace my 60" turbobeam with

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I thought the Ecco LED beacons were a good idea a few years back, but I would've liked to have seen more LEDs at the base to really light up the angled reflector.

I like what FedSig did to combine the technologies and wonder if whelen will release a similar LED/rotator combo. Don't get me wrong; I like the rotabeam a lot but I don't wanna pay for 5000 LEDs per beacon if I could buy a beacon with less LEDs and a rotating reflector (like the LED rotators in the navigator) to produce a similar effect

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
i think we have one of these threads too

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
I thought the Ecco LED beacons were a good idea a few years back, but I would've liked to have seen more LEDs at the base to really light up the angled reflector.

I like what FedSig did to combine the technologies and wonder if whelen will release a similar LED/rotator combo. Don't get me wrong; I like the rotabeam a lot but I don't wanna pay for 5000 LEDs per beacon if I could buy a beacon with less LEDs and a rotating reflector (like the LED rotators in the navigator) to produce a similar effect
if I remember right, whelens rotabeam has the same amp draw as a 50w halogen rotator.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
it's kinda like that fog that turns you inside out

LRGJr72

May 29, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
Anyone heard of these guys? Good looking products. I'm especially interested in seeing the creative ways that companies are incorporating modern LED-tech with traditional motion. Previously the only ones I knew of doing this were PowerArc, ECCO & Federal Signal (SLR pods). It looks like Intav isn't available in America. 

Rotating LED Lightbar:

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Meh.  JDI has LEDs that move.

(We need to improve the quality control at the soldering stations.)

Reactions: Phoenix_Rising

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Interesting.

Would have been nice to see what the insides looked like without the dome on.

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
Last edited by a moderator:

Light up Innovation

Jul 14, 2014
Ariccia/Italy
Anyone heard of these guys? Good looking products. I'm especially interested in seeing the creative ways that companies are incorporating modern LED-tech with traditional motion. Previously the only ones I knew of doing this were PowerArc, ECCO & Federal Signal (SLR pods). It looks like Intav isn't available in America. 

Rotating LED Lightbar:

hi! I know the guys from Intav  'cause I'm one of them!  :D   :D   :D

I'm so happy you like our products, the LED Rotating technology is called REVOLUXION (rev= revolving, Lux= llight in latin) and it is our patented technology. it is a revolution because as CodeMan says mix the best of both world. LED is the future, the real mechanical rotation is the experience. Obviously I mean a  "new" and ultra-performing rotation (silycon belt, steel ball-bearing, tension regulator)! :crazy:   

we decided to use a mechanical movement instead of a LED rotation effect because it  allows us to offer the beacon at around 120USD and a lightbar at around 360USD.

All our products are made in Italy and approved Reg. 10 UN-ECE and Reg. 65 UN-ECE.

we don't have a distributor in USA at the moment so we can sell directly. If you would be interested in knowing more information about you can write me at info@intav.it.  :)

Reactions: LRGJr72 and tsquale

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
It is motor driven. Its belt drive just like ecco evolution low profile rotator bars

May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
Always nice to see a manufacturer rep pop up on the board.  L.U.I have you guys done any sort of market survey to see if your product would be worth selling in the USA?  Do you offer a clear lens with colored LEDs?  I think there's a big gap in the LED beacon market that could be filled with some reasonably priced "rotating LED" beacons.

Reactions: LRGJr72

LRGJr72

May 29, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
Always nice to see a manufacturer rep pop up on the board.  L.U.I have you guys done any sort of market survey to see if your product would be worth selling in the USA?  Do you offer a clear lens with colored LEDs?  I think there's a big gap in the LED beacon market that could be filled with some reasonably priced "rotating LED" beacons.
I agree with your statement regarding some gaps in the market. I too have a lot of questions. Like... the amber lightbar.. are the LEDs also amber or are they clear LEDs that are bright enough to power through any color dome/lens? Also, how is the LED itself housed in the rotator? Is this direct line-of-sight positioning or is the diode placed elsewhere with an angled reflector? These questions are purely out of curiosity. The performance of these products appears to speak for itself. 

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Probably meant to be used as a pair, one on each edge/side of the roof.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
I like that mini bar except that it looks like a flattened mini jet... why the need for the big black split in the middle?

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
I like that mini bar except that it looks like a flattened mini jet... why the need for the big black split in the middle?
It's a seam between the upper domes.

FedSig made a number of those little versions for demo.  The production bars will be available up to 87".  Some had rotators, others had a QuadraFlare (the new style, not yet out as a single) in the middle, etc.  We had one here and a couple departments saw it.  One had 3 trucks on order and called the manufacturer of the truck and told them they wanted the Navigator on the trucks instead of the other bar they were going to get put on.

They're really nice bars - tons of flexbility - you can add mirrors, rotating LEDs (in single or multi colour), the new Quadraflare 6x4 module (single or multi-colour, and by that I mean dual colour, not split).  The whole bar can go white steady-on if you want (if you order the multi colour), and can have different colours in different modes (red with white en route, all red at scene), etc. 

The housing is certainly nothing special, but the 'smarts' of the bar are really well thought out.

Reactions: Storm4200

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
Maybe they are working on making the product look "better". The current product looks messy and amateurish.

I can really see these being used on new FDNY vehicles in all capacities. Like the fullsized being used on ambulances and the minis being used all over new trucks. Guess we'll wait and see. 

Reactions: LRGJr72

LRGJr72

May 29, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
I guess FedSig is releasing the Navigator LED rotator lightbar in the summer of 2014 like their promo material states. Does anyone know what the reason for delay might be? Also... how in THE HELL has Intav not stepped into the US market yet? They look like great products. 

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
summer of 2014 was over a few days ago

Rusted413

May 25, 2010
Blacksburg, VA
I really like this design - they need to get rid of/change the black connecting plastic between the domes - but looks great. Looking forward, I think that Fed Sig is going to have to make the SLR rotators a bit taller to fit more applications. Yes, I am hoping that a new version of these rotators will find their way into the Aerodynic haha

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
New on the FedSig site; http://www.fedsig.com/products/376/navigator_lightbar

MSRP Prices are on the Marketing Update PDF; http://www.fedsig.com/docs/MU548_New_Navigator_Lightbar10-1-14.pdf .  Of course, you can custom-configure the bars as well.

Pattern vids, too;
Meh, a lot of those patterns look like crap. The slow split flash patterns give it severe "pink-shimmer" syndrome. The only really good patterns appear to be 8, 10, 12, 16, 18 and 26. 6 out of 30 patterns that don't look like pink blobs is really disappointing. 

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.