Official Natural Disasters Thread

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
This will now be the page where you can post natural disasters as they happen. However, grand scale events ( Hurricane Sandy, etc) will merit their own thread. As time draws on I may amend this for guidlines,etc. But for now, post what you know of such events, national or int'l here.

4-18-2013

RT @NewsBreaker: BREAKING: USGS: 7.0 magnitude quake strikes off northern Japan - Reuters - @stevekopack

Breaking911: Weather Channel confirms entire town of London Mills, IL being evac due to levee breach; Nat'l Guard aiding

Gov of IL declaring State of Emergency

Last edited by a moderator:

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
I seperated the two threads, I ask everyone to give this due credit. The US is facing a tragic week.

But we are ELB. We are not just 'Murica. We are Canada. Portugal. Thailand. Germany. And so many more. And we are all beyond that, it doesn't matter what flag you fly, who you hail to or pray to. We are humans. And the world is facing major unprecedented events the likes we've never seen. And, even in my short tenure here, I know we rise above. So I dont feel I really need to beg you all to show support for these other incidents.

Personally, I have family in IL. I have tried contacting them to no avail as of yet. My thoughts and prayers to all involved in these two tragedies.

MESDA6

Jun 2, 2010
Central IL and PHX
Phoenix_Rising said:
I seperated the two threads, I ask everyone to give this due credit. The US is facing a tragic week.

But we are ELB. We are not just 'Murica. We are Canada. Portugal. Thailand. Germany. And so many more. And we are all beyond that, it doesn't matter what flag you fly, who you hail to or pray to. We are humans. And the world is facing major unprecedented events the likes we've never seen. And, even in my short tenure here, I know we rise above. So I dont feel I really need to beg you all to show support for these other incidents.

Personally, I have family in IL. I have tried contacting them to no avail as of yet. My thoughts and prayers to all involved in these two tragedies.

Lots of the low-lying towns here in IL are flooded or have some amount of water blocking the roads leading to them. Flooding is especially prevalent in the lower lying towns anywhere near a river or even a stream. In most cases, the flooding happened gradually, but some areas in the NW part of the state had flood waters rise rapidly during heavy rains and people were evacuated by boat. Many areas received more than 3 inches of rain in the past 24 hours, and the ground was already saturated from weeks of rain that had already occurred.

I have not heard any reports of injuries or loss of life due to the flooding, but property damage is going to be substantial in some areas.

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
Are there any large scale earthquakes/fire tornadoes/locust swarms scheduled for Chechnya/Dagestan coming up in the near future? If not, is there any way I can get one of those penciled in?

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
@Breaking911: COLORADO U/D: #Avalanche: 6 were trapped; one was able to dig out and call for help, others were buried and did not survive

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
we have enough bad news shoved down our throats by media every 5 mins... do i realy have to read about it here too?

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
Jarred J. said:
we have enough bad news shoved down our throats by media every 5 mins... do i really have to read about it here too?

You of all people should know: don't like it, don't click/read it :p

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
but how will i know that you replied to me if i dont read it? :D

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
Jarred J. said:
but how will i know that you replied to me if i dont read it? :D

Guess you're just going to have to roll the dice and take your chances

image.jpg

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Son, we post on a board that has threads, and those threads have to be guarded by men with mod acocunts. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Foxtrot5? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for misspellings, and you curse the users of this forum. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That misspellings, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about on mod subsections, you want me on this forum, you need me on this forum. I use words like BOOBS, ZOMBIES, BACON. I use these words as the backbone of a subsection spent overinflating something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very humor that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a red font, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to. :D

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
Jarred J. said:
Son, we post on a board that has threads, and those threads have to be guarded by men with mod acocunts. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Foxtrot5? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for misspellings, and you curse the users of this forum. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That misspellings, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about on mod subsections, you want me on this forum, you need me on this forum. I use words like BOOBS, ZOMBIES, BACON. I use these words as the backbone of a subsection spent overinflating something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very humor that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a red font, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to. :D

Okay, I've made many a movie quote in my day. Some apt, some not so much. But gentlemen, we are in the presence of greatness. I wasn't even able to make it through the whole thing at first shot. I still have tears in my eyes from lol'ing so hard. :hail: :hail: :hail:

I don't always wish my threads to be de-railed, but if they are, a fine movie quote had best be involved.

Now, back on topic. Did you users forget what color your name is? Move it along, doofus

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
Name: Springs Fire

County: Ventura County

Location: Southbound Highway 101 at Camarillo Springs Road, Camarillo

Administrative Unit: Ventura County Fire/CAL FIRE

Status/Notes: 28,000 acres - 85% contained

Full containment expected May 7, 2013.

Date Started: May 2, 2013 7:01 am

Last update: May 6, 2013 6:30 pm

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
@USEmergAlerts: TX | CLEBURNE |**TORNADO TOUCHDOWN**| - | SPOTTERS CONFIRM STRONG TORNADO ON THE GROUND. SEEK SHELTER NOW! UNKN DIRECT. SKYWARN | UEA06 |

@alertpage: Johnson County TX Live Audio Feeds Johnson County ARES Repeaters Live Audio Feed Burleson Fire Dispatch Live Audio Feed

@DFWscanner: Hood County damage: 2 confirmed dead. 16 transported to hospital. 90 injuries to triage, per Hood County Commissioner. #txwx

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Hood/Johnson County Tornado was a mile wide.

2 confirmed dead, dozens of homes and buildings are gone. It is night time, and no power, SAR efforts are slow going.

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
@USEmergAlerts: TX | ENNIS |**STRUCTURE DAMAGE**| E. ENNIS AVE | MULTIPLE STRUCTURES HAVE COLLAPSED FROM POSS TORNADO, UNK INJS OR OCCUPANTS. | UEA02 |

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA

FSEP

Nov 11, 2012
DE
Phoenix_Rising said:
http://m.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.broadcastify.com%2Flisten%2Ffeed%2F5532%2Fweb&h=dAQGpKGEw&s=1

Link to Broadcastify of Sedgewick LEO band

If you want to see some live tornado action turn the Weather Channel on right now.. There is a MAJOR outbreak going on right now in OK and KS.. Jim Cantore is with Reed Timmer and they just intercepted a tornado in OK live on the air! - Rick Bugera

Confirmed multiple touchdowns in OK, including OKC (major metropolitan city). Major damage to surrounding areas. At least 12 collapsed structures. At least 20 injured, 1 dead, with numbers likely to rise. I'll post more as I hear from friends and family who live down there.

FSEP

Nov 11, 2012
DE
Confirmed touch down. Fire Dispatch: Oklahoma City Fire

UPDATE: large structure fire,149 and may, 5 engine companies, 2 rescue companies responding. Switching to tac5.

UPDATS: Masive SAR Ops have begun at 149 and may for multiple destroyed structures w/ entrapment. All avaible units responding.

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
@USEmergAlerts: OK | AVANT |**TORNADO TOUCHDOWN**| CITY WIDE | CONFIRMATION OF TOUCHDOWN AT AVANT CROSSING HWY 11 | UEA07 |

MAPMFF86

Jul 1, 2011
Massachusetts, USA
All of the news, national and local (here in Boston) are on the current story in Moore, OK.

Some unbelievable footage multiple entire neighborhoods just cleaned right off their foundations.

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
@USEmergAlerts: TX | BLANKET |**TORNADO TOUCHDOWN**| CITY WIDE | TORNADO ON THE GROUND CONFIRMED BY SPOTTERS. NFI ATT | UEA07 | SPOTTER NETWORK

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
MAPMFF86 said:
All of the news, national and local (here in Boston) are on the current story in Moore, OK.

Some unbelievable footage multiple entire neighborhoods just cleaned right off their foundations.

and over 20 children dead in one of the schools that was flattened...

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
Jarred J. said:
and over 20 children dead in one of the schools that was flattened...

That is SO SAD! Unbelievable power of Mother Nature. They say it was the worst weather available here on Earth. I have to say though...the post you put up above was fricking hilarious and EPIC. Thank you as I am a better person for reading it...

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
@USEmergAlerts: CA | GREENVILLE |**EARTHQUAKE**| - | 45 MINS DELAY: THE USGS NOTED A 5.9 MAG EARTHQUAKE 6 MILES NWN OF GREENVILLE, CA | UEA01 |

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
@NewsBreaker: DEVELOPING: Russia issues tsunami warning for far east Sakhalin region after 8.2 magnitude quake off Kamchatka - @SkyNewsBreak

@USEmergAlerts: DC | RUSSIA |**INTER-NATIONAL BREAKING NEWS**| - | THE USGS NOTED AN 8.2 MAG EARTHQUAKE OF THE COAST OF RUSSIA. T... USEmergAlerts Incident Alert System

FSEP

Nov 11, 2012
DE
National weather service: tornado emergency issued for western Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Mile wide tornado projected, will roggers air port shut down and evacuated, Oklahoma city evacuated.

I have family that lives in western OKC, so if you y'all called pray I would be greatly appreachtive.

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
Oso, wa mud/landslide. At this point, 14 are confirmed dead.

KIRO News Article

Search and recovery efforts continue at this hour. A state of emergency has been declared by both the Washington State and Federal Government. Those wishing to donate to relief efforts should contact the American Red Cross.

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
Update, Oso landslide death toll officially at 25, with 9 more bodies believed to have been located. Number of missing at 90. If you donate to Red Cross, please specify the Oso Slide Relief Fund when calling. Several other items have been requested, such as blankets, clothing, rakes and shovels for the search effort volunteers, basically the normal things from an event like this. With a whole street wiped out, there's a lot of people displaced by this. Anything you all can contribute would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Covid19 has been officially declared a disaster in IL by the president, governor, and several mayors throughout the state. Not exactly a natural disaster in the earthquake, tornado, hurricane, fire, sense but still......

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
That's many states.. but then again we have people "sheltering in place" after having 5 tornados, one being an EF4 3 weeks ago....so there's that... Coronado...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.