OFFICIAL New ECTO-1 Reboot Discussion Thread

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Horrific looking new Ecto-1 for the New Ghostbusters movie.

What is that beacon that looks like it has Federal model 14/100 rotator?

I love the ORIGINAL Ecto-1  but this one is a mess! They could have done soooo much better in  my opinion.

Here is the article:

http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/7/8910569/ghostbusters-ecto-1-pictures-paul-feig-twitter

I would have added dual blue MX7000's or Excaliburs, not a goofy beacon and an LED bar. Hell... two streethawks would have done a better job lol.

GBE1.png

CJW6vnDWcAATGo5_zpszuregryw.jpg

CJXI1umXAAUgJrB.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lightcollector38

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
This is how this car started out, This pic is after the top had been reupholstered red. 

I think they should have left the original Cdillac full wheel covers on it at the very least not put on goofy baby moons and beauty rings.

CJXNIkmW8AALAf5_zpsfxca2isj.jpg

Nathan R

Lifetime VIP Donor
Mar 27, 2014
USA
Here is some links of interest. Member Boomerinks is a member of Colorado Movie Cars. They have done tours of collections of older movie cars, and have pictures of them, including one of the original Ghostbuster movie cars (or was it from the 2nd movie?).

Here is the with pictures of his groups travels, photo shoots, other fan ECTO reproductions, and his personal Ghostbusters Ecto Dodge Magnum.

Photo and discussion on Colorado Movie Cars Facebook about the rebooted Ecto.

car54

May 24, 2010
michigan
Doing a remake of an iconic movie or movies is a slap in the face to the original creators and viewers. Even worse is screwing up the awesome vehicles in those movies, I don't know who signs off on crap like this.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Hey, the point most of you are missing is that the lighting is for those who see outside the spectrum of human vision. 

lightbar4000

Jun 3, 2015
Most of us in the professional car circles are near universally panning this new Ecto-1. The base car is an early '80s S&S Victoria. In any medium the movie is being discussed, wether here, FB, Professional Car Society or somewhere, I haven't seen any amount of positive comments or reactions.

I'm showing up as lightbar4000, but this is Lightbarnut btw. lol

Reactions: kitn1mcc

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Most of us in the professional car circles are near universally panning this new Ecto-1. The base car is an early '80s S&S Victoria. In any medium the movie is being discussed, wether here, FB, Professional Car Society or somewhere, I haven't seen any amount of positive comments or reactions.

I'm showing up as lightbar4000, but this is Lightbarnut btw. lol
TUNRAB!

Not really liking the new car or cast. Oh well, another bastard child of the movie industry.

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Yup definetly going to be a flop movie!

So what is that giant beacon?  Can anyone identify it?

CJk7RsLWUAAZg1K_zpsivxea8xu.jpg

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Could be a prop homebrew light. Transparent popcorn bowl with two mag-lights on a microwave tray perhaps.

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
The rotator in the beacon looks like a plastc Federal Signal model 14 rotator.

My Rant:

I'm dissapointed.

I thought the point of having an all girl cast was for sexy eye candy....guess not! Lol I expected hot chick's in sexier outfits like at ComiCon. I have now seen all I need to see of this movie.

They should have let me do the casting, form fitting costumes and I so would have rented out the real deal 1959 Cadillac Miller-Meteor Ambulance. Nothing like sexy girls and a sexy classic car kicking some ghost butts! I like the idea of pink jumpsuits.

The girl in the first pic is my....favorite. :p ;)

a-sexy-ghostbusters-costume.jpg

43c892ce09efb5c6a20d788a2ef14791.jpg

20150713_184257.jpg

d682fb29b40d622679fcc1244ece7f36.jpg

ghostbusters_by_avengers63-d6957hm.jpg

original_ecto_1_hdr_by_boomerjinks-d35sjod.jpg

20150713_184136.png

cassie_of_the_sexy_ghostbusters_calendar_by_ghostbustersnews-d55o59m.jpg

ghostbuster_cosplay_01.jpg

aca142da0fed499559901e1f4db1b785.jpg

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Oh thank you for putting a "beacon" of eye candy Jwnny!!

I totally agree on that first pic ðŸ˜

It is a sad day for fans, looks to be a letdown to what could've been, better to say the least....

I'll be puking in my mouth when these commercials hit the air....😖😕😔

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
It's like they didn't even try with the car.

I heard a rumor that someone else is making a different ghostbusters with the original guys teaching new guys as the plot. Anyone heard anything to this effect?

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
i heard that as well

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
It's like they didn't even try with the car.

I heard a rumor that someone else is making a different ghostbusters with the original guys teaching new guys as the plot. Anyone heard anything to this effect?
Between Harold Ramis passing, Dan Aykroyd looking/being ancient, Bill Murray being crazy, and Rick Moranis not being on a screen in years... I'd say thats a long shot.

Theres been some talk that Aykrod makes a cameo appearance in this movie but its a tiny irrelevant part.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
That amber light reminds me of that giant rotating light on the building roof....Tripp Lite in Chicago maybe? I can't find the thread / pic...
Bah-dah!!!!!!

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Thats a sweet trailer, I'll take two of those...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.