OFFICIAL New ECTO-1 Reboot Discussion Thread

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
please say they wreck both of these in the movie... PLEASE!!!

:hail:

Reactions: kitn1mcc

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND

Jun 18, 2013
PA
This is bad.
And I'm not a fanboy.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
The original will forever be the greatest, no matter what this new movie does. But, it has spawned some good offspring!

Why didn't the makers of this film just contact Boomerjinks and use his bad-ass ECTO-1 Magnum? Perfect modern day take on the original.
this ecto muy-bueno.jpg
I'm sure the fans would be psyched about that car being the new ECTO-1 and he'd love that his creation would be an official big screen star!

This new.....abomination.....however, garners the expected response:
new ecto stinks.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Skippy and kitn1mcc

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Brace yourselves for this..........get barf bags at the ready....

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
oh god :(

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand here's the official trailer, folks........................yep :rolleyes:.

lenny77

Aug 12, 2014
n.y
We missed our chance to kill them both at once on that trailer... better call ray back in i mean he did make the first one out of that black smokey sh#t box...

jws926

Dec 28, 2011
USA/ AZ
I am not sure what to say about the trailer for the movie, horrid is one word that comes to mind, same for the new Ecto-1 , what could of been if only they didnt have a five year old design it.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
They are contractually obligated to "like" it, but you can tell on some of their faces that it was a steaming bowl of elephant piss. In fact, Sony was ready to move against any actor of the original with a major suit if they spoke badly about it. Just read the obtained emails that were leaked from Sony Pictures about Bill. They have no shame to throw the original cast members into the grinder.

https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/104704

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Welp.....the reviews are trickling in....and it's exactly what we all knew: A big pile of $#%&. Take time to watch this review done by one of the dudes at Wreckless Eating (this is just right after the screening in L.A.)

HCSO249

Jul 17, 2016
MISSOURI
Can't beat/top the original Ecto-1, She is one beautiful Cadillac!

View attachment 141102

View attachment 141103

Nothing beats the tailfins of of a 59 Caddy!!!!

Re the pics of the Busters: I almost said something vulgar and probably inappropriate for sensitive persons... So I will just think it to myself {I wonder how many licks it takes to reach the center of those busters}

Reactions: lightcollector38

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
I guess lol I get emails from them...

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Wonder who all is going to cameo from the original cast? I mean one would almost expect "the big BM" for a post generational story.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Everyone alive except Rick moranis is what has been told..

Reactions: Sparky_911

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Hell to the yeah!

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel about the subject.

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
"Everyone alive except Rick moranis is what has been told.. "

Rick is still alive, just retired. It is Ramos who has passed.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
my statement was clear enough... everyone alive.. (which includes rick moranis) will be in it.. Rick gave up on hollywood... but thanks for clearing nothing up...;)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.