Official Review: Microman XPE LED Bars

mpaine

Dec 20, 2011
USA
Microman Industries XP LED Bars Review

Ladies and Gentlemen, here is my review for the newly released Microman Industries CREE XPE LED bars. I received a few demo 4" bars from Craig, owner of Microman to review. I was sent the older G3 3 Watt version and the newer XPE version which serves as the G3 replacement.

XPE Videos

As we know, video does not do a product justice, so here is my unbiased review. I have always been a huge fan of Microman products. If you're looking for a seriously bright light at a seriously low price, look no further. I can honestly see these lights making a big hit in the emergency vehicle world.

Front Output: A+

No doubt, they pack a punch. More so than the G3s. These lights, when compared to the older style will put them to shame. The optics in the newer bars are very solid and they consist of one rounded dome instead of a magnified plastic lens like the prior version had.

Off Axis Output: B-

As always, these bars don't have the greatest off axis warning power as they are a powerful straight on light. However, they have gotten a little bit better than the G3's. To be honest, when you start to incorporate these lights onto YOUR vehicle, you will not care about how much it puts out off axis.

Heat & RF Interference: A+

There were concerns in the past of these lightheads heating up with the 3 watt version, which brought about the added necessity of a heat sink. Not so with this version. These lightheads stay cool even with continued use and the absence of a heat sink on these bars is a blessing when mounting in tight spaces.

Overall Grade: A+

It is my firm opinion that these lights will be some of the best available on the market when production starts very soon. I plan to purchase a lot of them for TakeDown lights in a lightbar I am building and a full on arrowstick to the back of my Suburban. I will upload videos of these purchases later on.

Thanks, Microman, for letting me review your products. I cannot wait to see how amazingly these take off! Well done my friend!

Respectfully submitted,

Last edited by a moderator:

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
Wow the new ones look awesome. Is there any way you could do an outside review during the day? Really interested in that especially those two colors.

mpaine

Dec 20, 2011
USA
crt6mrt-265 said:
Wow the new ones look awesome. Is there any way you could do an outside review during the day? Really interested in that especially those two colors.

Thanks for the idea. I will be buying some of these personally soon and will review those as well.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.