Ohio ''Hostage lights"

Jeep YJ Dude

Dec 30, 2019
Illinois
Short story on this one. A individual was having a online lightbar yardsale. I saw this bar in the corner. I inquired about it. I immediately made payment for it. I was waiting for him to box it up so i could secure shipping it to me. 5 days later. He refunds the payment to me.... Says he destroyed the bar by dropping it. I say... Send me photos. I'll still buy it. He says. He " disposed " it already. Yea... We all know what happened to this sale. He did tell me it was Ohio State equipment. Ok, My question. This bar has the strobe options. OSP959. Talk to me about this bar ? Was it common for OHP to have the strobe options ?

Attachments

• 121970015_962439297585389_327795872084345669_n - Edited (1).png
    121970015_962439297585389_327795872084345669_n - Edited (1).png
    847.9 KB · Views: 39

OSP959(R)

Mar 22, 2011
Ohio
Yes, definitely an OSP bar. I'd buy the blue gem light (hostage light) if I could. I need one.

They did have inboard strobes. The rotators and strobes were wired separately, so you could have just rotators, or just strobes firing if you wanted.

The takedown light had a rocker switch that when flipped one way would flash (wig-wag), and when flipped the other way would steady burn. The wires had resistors (?) On them that controlled current flow. This allowed power to override the relay to steady burn.

From what I could see, that bar is 100% authentic.

Tell the seller to dig it out of the trash. It's worth saving. Hell I'd buy it as is just so I had the spare parts.

Did I mention I need one of those hostage lights? LOL.

Jeep YJ Dude

Dec 30, 2019
Illinois
Yes, definitely an OSP bar. I'd buy the blue gem light (hostage light) if I could. I need one.

They did have inboard strobes. The rotators and strobes were wired separately, so you could have just rotators, or just strobes firing if you wanted.

The takedown light had a rocker switch that when flipped one way would flash (wig-wag), and when flipped the other way would steady burn. The wires had resistors (?) On them that controlled current flow. This allowed power to override the relay to steady burn.

From what I could see, that bar is 100% authentic.

Tell the seller to dig it out of the trash. It's worth saving. Hell I'd buy it as is just so I had the spare parts.

Did I mention I need one of those hostage lights? LOL.
This guy figured out it was worth more than what he sold it to me for.... I immediately recognized it for what it was. Made payment within 10 min of my inquiry to him. I was waiting for him to box it up so i could secure shipping with my carrier. I believe his story to be bogus about is being " destroyed " . He told me the lenses / strobes / and rotators were " destroyed " . I asked him to send me a photo and to still send it to me. He refunded my funds and pretty much quit correspondence with me. Ans so it goes... This one I really wanted in my collection on the wall. I may have a line on the blue lamps you are looking for. Let me check into this. Send me a personal PM please.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
This guy figured out it was worth more than what he sold it to me for.... I immediately recognized it for what it was. Made payment within 10 min of my inquiry to him. I was waiting for him to box it up so i could secure shipping with my carrier. I believe his story to be bogus about is being " destroyed " . He told me the lenses / strobes / and rotators were " destroyed " . I asked him to send me a photo and to still send it to me. He refunded my funds and pretty much quit correspondence with me. Ans so it goes... This one I really wanted in my collection on the wall. I may have a line on the blue lamps you are looking for. Let me check into this. Send me a personal PM please.

What a dirty rat b@$t@rd move to pull that shit with you. I'd been pissed. Was that on Facebook you were trying to deal on or elsewhere?

Jeep YJ Dude

Dec 30, 2019
Illinois
What a dirty rat b@$t@rd move to pull that shit with you. I'd been pissed. Was that on Facebook you were trying to deal on or elsewhere?
Yes. he was selling fire equipment on a FB fire dept parts page. This jet was not in the main photos. I saw it way in the background of one photo. I asked about it. The rest is history....

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Yes. he was selling fire equipment on a FB fire dept parts page. This jet was not in the main photos. I saw it way in the background of one photo. I asked about it. The rest is history....
I'd flag him on that FB page, dude. If he did it to you, he's gonna do it to others.

Jeep YJ Dude

Dec 30, 2019
Illinois
I just bought a old jetsonic from the Ohio Highway patrol and have the hostage light , the bar is blue and clear. Must put photos up. I will sell this lightbar, Only just after collecting it 2 months ago. It was in a warehouse with inches of dust sitting on it. I bought 5 jetsonic and some aerodynamic light bars, all look like the 70,s 80s and 90's

Here is one of 5 vintage lights I just bought off OHP. I collected this 2 months ago and just found out about the hostage light yesterday.
Is this lightbar available for sale ? Thanks. Dave

eire34

I sold that one a while back and have one left as of now today. its either a jet sonic or jet strobe I sold one of them yesterday to a roll back wrecker driver for 400 dollars. I didnt take note on which one he picked. So I have one left. I can take photos and post it if some one interested.
This was my reply to Dave

Jeep YJ Dude

Dec 30, 2019
Illinois
I sold that one a while back and have one left as of now today. its either a jet sonic or jet strobe I sold one of them yesterday to a roll back wrecker driver for 400 dollars. I didnt take note on which one he picked. So I have one left. I can take photos and post it if some one interested.
This was my reply to Dave
Thank you. Please keep me advised. Dave

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.