Oklahoma - 911ep surplus?

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Hmm, since I am not from that region or familiar with their setups, if anyone DOES find out this information please PLEASE PLEASE update us here. Couple of us always on the hunt for 911EP!!

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
It does seem OHP is going slick top on their units (it does save fuel and they put a lot of miles on their units).

The local constabularies receive first opportunity to purchase for their "fleet". The nearby Moffett PD (one of only two towns in the USA to declare bankruptcy, and one of two towns on the list permanently off limits to active duty military personnel) just got a "new" unit with. 911EP. I can call a couple of troopers friends, and I will ask the MPD chief how it was acquired and will report back!

One thing about the OHP bars...they mixed the red and blue emitters across the bar (nor red on one side, blue on the other) so the flash pattern looked purple from a distance...color me confused.

Reactions: 7d9_z28

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
I wondered if maybe they would pop up on a surplus site like Chief mentioned, or if maybe SOS got them... I need to get over to SOS one of these days....

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
If anything 911EP gets pulled, need to make sure if any Millenniums, the CID gets pulled too! Really excited to hear if a large amount of 911EP comes to the market!

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
OHP did used to run almost solely 911EP overheads, then for a few years went to all slick-tops. However, recently, they have gone to Sound Off Signal. Now, I don't know if this means they will use them exclusively, but the need for good scene lighting on traffic stops seem to dictate the need for overheads, especially in rural OK. Add that to the fact that OHP uses Chargers almost exclusively and has some rather large and well-built Troopers, and the "lost glass" by having inner bars can be detrimental when you put a 6'4" 250 Trooper in a Charger. I used to work there and I'll put my ears to the ground and see if I can find anything out. I'm interested as well, as I know even in the OKC area, it's not uncommon for a Troop to have to run hot @125 for 45 min to make it to a call 3 counties away..... overheads really to rob a high performance car on the highway. In the cities it's almost negligible, but on the open highway its a considerable issue.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
The Millennium would not kill any speed, Until a couple years ago it was the thinnest and most aerodynamic lightbar ever.

Now that I think about it,the R/B Millennium I had came from Oklahoma, and the person I bought it from said he was with the dept and they let him keep it when he retired. Do not know nor can I verify that, but that is what I was told. The above information about the mix of red and blue modules being chaotic is in fact correct to how I received my bar. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Hollywood

May 24, 2010
Oklahoma
Odds are against it given how long it's been since they last installed them. With the black cars they transitioned to all slick tops with the exception being the Turnpike cars which had Code 3 packages (different budget, decision makers).

Now all cars are getting SoundOff packages with a roof mounted bar as the slick tops are replaced. From what I can tell as well is no more of the goofy wheel covers either. Oklahoma County will be the only one left around here running the Pep Boy custom wheels lol.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.