Old Fed Sig engine light?!

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
Anyone ever seen one of these before? According to the label it's supposed to be a vehicular warning light that's on 24 volts. I know that military vehicles are 24 volts, but what else would be back when this was made? Also what with the light facing the sky with a high profile bulb? It is kinda cool though, I'm debating on bidding.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Engine-Ligh ... 45f6cf6ac9

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
motorolamaniac said:
I am probably bidding on it
Back off, Bubba! I seen it first! :mrgreen:

Actually, I'm pretty sure my wife would kill me if I spent the extra money that we had set aside. It would be nice to see it go to someone that will have the time to properly restore it. And post pics and a video! :twisted: Hope you get it.

May 21, 2010
Wilkes-Barre, Pa
Newberry13 said:
Back off, Bubba! I seen it first! :mrgreen:

Actually, I'm pretty sure my wife would kill me if I spent the extra money that we had set aside. It would be nice to see it go to someone that will have the time to properly restore it. And post pics and a video! :twisted: Hope you get it.

Naturally, I missed the "I'm debating on bidding" the first read thru, :lol: :cool: . I have to decide myself. Its a good chunk of change and its a bad season to be too spendy. My one buddy at work and I were looking over the listing and kinda concluded it looks more like a $75 item than a $125 item. It definitely has a cool factor going.

He mentioned that it looked almost like something used on a rail car, caboose or something, but definitely a military spec tag. Plus I thought train lights were at an even higher voltage.

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
patrol530 said:
..or an aircraft tug.
That would actually make a lot of sense. That would explain why it has the sky facing light. Maybe it started out that way, and was later converted to red lights? :? :?:

tnems7

May 21, 2010
USA Nashville Tennessee
I would think it may have been on a military air crash truck or ambulance at an air base. The sirens they used had a similar forward facing light on the front of the siren. Also, steady burning lights like this may have been used to indicate a runway was closed, since air traffic controllers used red and green lights to control taxi and runway use.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.