Old meets New

plybeep68

Fleetcomm, myself, and the guys at our garage were curious as to what my 2012 Charger would look like with some old school lights "placed" on the car. These were never installed.My favorite is the CJ184.DSC00025.jpg

DSC00021.jpg

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

OP
OP
plybeep68

plybeep68

Here is my Whelen crossbar. This was put together withe various parts from different members here on ELB

DSC00031.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

DSC00035.jpg

DSC00033.jpg

ERIC6913

Premium Member
I like the CJ and the Visibar. I think they are both somewhat timeless, but i might be biased.....LOL

OP
OP
plybeep68

plybeep68

Most of the pictures with the Twinsonic have already been posted with the exception of the rear shot.

DSC00041.jpg

Like i stated before, these lights were never installed, just placed on the roof! Thats why i posted here in the Vintage section

Sarge619

Premium Member
That is a SERIOUSLY cool concept!!! Slick looking Charger too. If they ever want to get rid of that Whelen 3302, I'm looking for one just like that! :D ;) :thumbsup: :hail:

MEVS06

Restricted User
That CJ looks sweet on there.

OP
OP
plybeep68

plybeep68

the CJ i purchased from John Dorgan back in 1999,He did an excellent job on it too!! It has a NOS dome compliments of Pinball Charlie.

rick h.

Veteran Member
That would be great if you could mount the CJ . Show the Sheriff a pic ,who knows ,He may go for it, maybe hint that it would be a great recruitment tool. That would be the best looking cruiser in Tenn.

patrol530

Veteran Member
I thought about approaching the Sheriff with a 184H for my new Impala, instead of the standard Liberty. However, I didn't, as we are an accredited Agency, and figured they wouldn't deviate from the uniformity.

Wailer

Veteran Member
plybeep68 said:
Fleetcomm, myself, and the guys at our garage were curious as to what my 2012 Charger would look like with some old school lights "placed" on the car. These were never installed.My favorite is the CJ184.View attachment 43257
Makes me think of the chase scene at the end of the first Smokey and the Bandit movie, There were lots of cars with blue CJs on them in that scene.

Wigwam700

Established Member
They all look great and although the Cj184 looks excellent, i must say that the Blue Whelen Crossbar looks extra sharp and stands out a little more!! Thanks for sharing, awesome project!! :D :D:D:yes: :yes: :yes: :goodpost:

Sarge619

Premium Member
JohnMarcson said:
A Blue darth vader beacon would look great
Oh man... I like it... I LIKE IT!!! Looks like it was created to be on that car!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wailer

Veteran Member
A speaker/light, light bar with speaker, or a rack with two beacons and a speaker all look good on the Charger. The car is certainly big enough to take a full length light bar.

What I like most is that the speaker is back on the roof, where it should be. The siren sound carries much better with a roof mounted speaker.

JohnMarcson

Site Founder
Administrator
If not the Vader... the CJ looks right at home. I'd love to see a light output comparison between that and a gen 3 LED bar in split fail mode..... bet the CJ wins...

JohnMarcson

Site Founder
Administrator
Wailer said:
A speaker/light, light bar with speaker, or a rack with two beacons and a speaker all look good on the Charger. The car is certainly big enough to take a full length light bar.

What I like most is that the speaker is back on the roof, where it should be. The siren sound carries much better with a roof mounted speaker.
I'm not sure how I feel about the OSHA “Permissible Noise Exposure" studies and policies that cause people to avoid roof mounting sirens... it's funny how roof mounted airhorns were"fine" for a few years after roof mounted sirens... intermittent vs. constant was the reasoning there I believe. I'm a big fan of large bumper mounted speakers personally, but I bet we agree that burying a speaker inside the vehicle is the real enemy here. Get that speaker out and obstruction free.

NoVAFed

Love the CJ on that car! Part of me wishes that the single dome on the roof would somehow come back. It couldn't be much less effective than some of the stuff running around now. I even like Michigan and their setup.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Members
Latest member
KB1CJT
Top Bottom