Old meets New

plybeep68

Aug 29, 2011
Jonesborough TN
Fleetcomm, myself, and the guys at our garage were curious as to what my 2012 Charger would look like with some old school lights "placed" on the car. These were never installed.My favorite is the CJ184.DSC00025.jpg

DSC00021.jpg

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

plybeep68

Aug 29, 2011
Jonesborough TN
Most of the pictures with the Twinsonic have already been posted with the exception of the rear shot.

DSC00041.jpg

Like i stated before, these lights were never installed, just placed on the roof! Thats why i posted here in the Vintage section

Sarge619

Jul 19, 2011
Central Massachusetts
That is a SERIOUSLY cool concept!!! Slick looking Charger too. If they ever want to get rid of that Whelen 3302, I'm looking for one just like that! :D ;) :thumbsup: :hail:

rick h.

May 21, 2010
Green Bank WV.
That would be great if you could mount the CJ . Show the Sheriff a pic ,who knows ,He may go for it, maybe hint that it would be a great recruitment tool. That would be the best looking cruiser in Tenn.

patrol530

May 23, 2010
Central Florida
I thought about approaching the Sheriff with a 184H for my new Impala, instead of the standard Liberty. However, I didn't, as we are an accredited Agency, and figured they wouldn't deviate from the uniformity.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
plybeep68 said:
Fleetcomm, myself, and the guys at our garage were curious as to what my 2012 Charger would look like with some old school lights "placed" on the car. These were never installed.My favorite is the CJ184.View attachment 43257

Makes me think of the chase scene at the end of the first Smokey and the Bandit movie, There were lots of cars with blue CJs on them in that scene.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
A Blue darth vader beacon would look great

DSC00025dv.jpg

Wigwam700

May 25, 2011
New York Adirondacks US
They all look great and although the Cj184 looks excellent, i must say that the Blue Whelen Crossbar looks extra sharp and stands out a little more!! Thanks for sharing, awesome project!! :D :D:D:yes: :yes: :yes: :goodpost:

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
A speaker/light, light bar with speaker, or a rack with two beacons and a speaker all look good on the Charger. The car is certainly big enough to take a full length light bar.

What I like most is that the speaker is back on the roof, where it should be. The siren sound carries much better with a roof mounted speaker.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
If not the Vader... the CJ looks right at home. I'd love to see a light output comparison between that and a gen 3 LED bar in split fail mode..... bet the CJ wins...

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Wailer said:
A speaker/light, light bar with speaker, or a rack with two beacons and a speaker all look good on the Charger. The car is certainly big enough to take a full length light bar.

What I like most is that the speaker is back on the roof, where it should be. The siren sound carries much better with a roof mounted speaker.

I'm not sure how I feel about the OSHA “Permissible Noise Exposure" studies and policies that cause people to avoid roof mounting sirens... it's funny how roof mounted airhorns were"fine" for a few years after roof mounted sirens... intermittent vs. constant was the reasoning there I believe. I'm a big fan of large bumper mounted speakers personally, but I bet we agree that burying a speaker inside the vehicle is the real enemy here. Get that speaker out and obstruction free.

NoVAFed

Dec 28, 2011
Earth, USA, Northern VA
Love the CJ on that car! Part of me wishes that the single dome on the roof would somehow come back. It couldn't be much less effective than some of the stuff running around now. I even like Michigan and their setup.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.