Old Target Tech Flasher (211683) Need Wiring Diagram

hastingsmedic

Sep 7, 2010
Ontario Canada
I have several NOS Targer Tech 211683 multi-function flasher control modules but can’t find a wiring diagram anywhere.

Contacted FS but they say it was ‘before they acquired Target Tech’.

Can anyone help? I can’t get anywhere online with the name, description or even part number.

Attachments

• D6A406C6-9845-4DD1-B233-3018B75C041D.jpeg
    D6A406C6-9845-4DD1-B233-3018B75C041D.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 10

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I have several NOS Targer Tech 211683 multi-function flasher control modules but can’t find a wiring diagram anywhere.

Contacted FS but they say it was ‘before they acquired Target Tech’.

Can anyone help? I can’t get anywhere online with the name, description or even part number.
The first thing to figure out is whether this is the multifunction flasher (i.e. works as a headlight flashers and a regular flasher) or if it the control for the "smart rotators/lights" in their lightbars. This seems unlikely.

I think this is a flasher that does multiple functions including flashing OEM lights. This is the Canadian model, which means it likely has a feature omitted (like flashing reverse lights) that CA didn't allow. Here is how "pre merger" Target Tech flashers appear in US catalogs.

78.jpg79.jpg
42.jpg43.jpg

82.jpg83.jpg
74.jpg75.jpg

tt 015.jpgtt 016.jpg

hastingsmedic

Sep 7, 2010
Ontario Canada
Thats a fair point. I suppose the devil is in the details.

It does say ‘multi-function flasher control module’ but I (perhaps erroneously) assumed that it was a stand-alone multi-function flasher ... in reality it may be the control module for the flasher, but that seems kind of redundant doesn’t it?

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I am almost positive this is a taillight or headlight flasher, or both. Here are the modern Canadian Federal Signal amber products models. Also worth noting is that Federal Signal Amber Markets Canada reused the model number 211683 for an LED beacon. The current flashers are all renamed inteli-flash and start with "65...." or simply FH.

To find modern wiring guides try the links below, I bet the colors are close if not the same. Looking at them I see the one uses the exact same colors shown in your picture.

diagram.JPG

Pre-searched install library for closest model; there are a few close ones

Pre-Searched for all flashers

General Install library link

and
One of the models

and
Another Model

and
Another Model

canfl2.JPG
canfl1.JPG

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
OMG Thank you John! What an incredible resource! Thank you!

I see what you mean about the matching colours. That is incredibly helpful. I will experiment and let you know.
Use some old halogen lights you don't care about and fuse the +12vdc and you should be fine. Companies don't reinvent the wheel so usually you can find a newer model that 's close (if you really dig). Update me on how you do.

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
Also note that Canada required DRL's be on constantly, the "Canadian use only" model may be configured to allow this. Most other users would want the low beam light off during the daytime, when that side is not flashing.

Reactions: JohnMarcson

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaf10596

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.