old whelen super strobe bar and other strobe ?

hello guys nice site here. i was told by a fellow member that was on another site you guys were good people to hang with and ask the question i have.

just lookin for value at this point on my items not sellin yet. if and when i do there will the propor thread started in the correct place.

i have a almost brand new old full size whelen super strobe 8000 light bar. its got clear outer lenses and colored inners. i have no idea how to test it to see if it works.

then i have brand new in the box a pair of pipe thread mount red lens strobes with everything.

my father use to build fire trucks at a local factory years ago. he was in the electric / wiring dept. so he got all sorts of things over the years. i found this stuff stashed away up in the raftors of the house with all his other stuff he had over the years.

my question is whats it worth / or does anyone know were i can find out and if anyone wants these for a old resto project.

thanks guys.

100_2781.JPG

100_2776.JPG

100_2772.JPG

100_2777.JPG

100_2778.JPG

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
I like that 8000 bar! I would like to be first in line if you ever sell it!

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I'll buy the whelen bar from you.

Dibs

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Pimp said:
I like that 8000 bar! I would like to be first in line if you ever sell it!

We both posted at 2317... so we will have to bid it out....

:dance:Of course it's pretty obvious that i saw it first... I moved it from the completely wrong forum before anyone replied.... :razz:

sorry about wrong section. was told that was the area to ask. :bonk:

i am use to vbulliten sites . but your layout/type font style has me goin crazy to what i am use to.

like i said WHEN i am ready to sell it it will be done in propor place and format.

thanks for the fast replyes tho. :hail: :hail: :hail:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
sweetk30 said:
sorry about wrong section. was told that was the area to ask. :bonk:

i am use to vbulliten sites . but your layout/type font style has me goin crazy to what i am use to.

like i said WHEN i am ready to sell it it will be done in propor place and format.

thanks for the fast replyes tho. :hail: :hail: :hail:

PM to me (or pimp) when you are ready and you can consider it sold.... we are the main 2 whelen collectors here.

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
Bill Lathrop is from Horseheads so I figured you knew him.

John is absolutely correct. One of us will buy it.

ya i will let the masses :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: fight over it when the time is right.

my current setup is real nice super clear federal signal streethawk all light with full loaded light setup. high speed / low speed uppers with high speed center. amber outers clear center. do have spare amber center. but prefer clear. the lower is side alleys / center take downs front /back. front/back outer wig wag ambers. got the light shade covers over the lowers . had a great deal fall in my lap on this few years ago.

thats fed by my troy center console with 2 sw-300 switch units . also got a pa-300 works LOUD and clear. also my uniden pro538w in there also.

this all is on/in my 1979 chevy k30 1ton 4x4 plow monster.

troy console unit 003.jpg

bucket seats mounted 002.jpg

painted plow 002.jpg

Pimp said:
Bill Lathrop is from Horseheads so I figured you knew him.

John is absolutely correct. One of us will buy it.

name rings a small bell in my head. this area is a huge fire dept area LOTS of guys around here. few small shops for install / parts stuff. next tiny town over is elmira hights home of the old america lafrance and ward lafrance fire mfg companys. my dad worked at both ward for 6 months or so then america for 6-7 years. was even station forman of electrical there for few years.

there is a guy in bighamton / endwell / johnson city area i use to get parts from . he is a huge installer around here for police/fire/ems/vol fire-ems people. he was super help full when i got my street hawk . i needed new cable from bar to cab. sold it to me for smokin deal . plus had the clamps i needed for rain gutter mount. cant recall his name.

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
Sweet find, why have you been hiding it all of these years? I have been searching for a clear domed Whelen 8000 series bar for literally 20+ years, but finally gave up, and I always felt someone had a nice one stashed away somewhere. Now it finally comes along and apparently, I won't get a shot at it :(

Congrats John and Pimp on getting to be the one to gets it, may the best man (or highest bidder) win! Hope you have at least 3 Ben Franklins lying around, cause it's worth every penny, and that's what I would give for it right now.

BTW, Pimp, if you get it, I would appreciate the opportunity to see it in person.

Also, those outer clear domes are immaculate, but didya notice it has the first generation "flying saucer" disc shaped optic clear lenses under the red circular filters? Those things are uber rare and I've only seen one other pair in over 20 years of dealing with 8000 bars.

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
Very nice as well. I had a set just like that. They were a match pair off of the rear of a fire truck. I sold them for $125.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.