Older Edge 9000 issue

TaterTows

Oct 7, 2022
Medford, OR
This is (I believe) the original bar on our used tow truck which was manufactured in 99. The stickers on the bottom of the bar do not show a model number or seiral, looks like they faded away. It was working fine the other day then went on a tow and noticed it wasn't flashing anymore. I have power through the fuse at the power supply which is an SL6. I can hear what sounds like the strobes firing but no light from them. I am assuming the power supply is bad?
2022-09-30 15.53.42.jpg

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
If you can hear it firing but get no light, I would be more inclined to say that the bulb is bad. If the power supply was bad, I would imagine there would be no noise.

@Ranger-Services.com specializes in Edge bars and likely has a plethora of parts and knowledge to assist you

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
It's working again... We had an accident call early Monday morning, flipped the switch and it was working fine. I don't get it...
Strobes... They are sensitive to lots of factors including ground and moisture. Who knows

Reactions: TaterTows
most common is the power to the bar, they require running voltage around 13.5v
check all connections, and go from there. tow trucks are known for junk connections under the bed, I can usually have a truck fixed with this issue without even looking at the light bar

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.