Older SS2000 help

image.jpgimage.jpg

I have this older SS2000 model, I hooked everything appropriately. The controller just flashes rapidly and when I press the STBY button it just lights all the LEDs and dims them with every press. I can’t get any functions to work. Any help would be appreciated.

And yes the amplifier is an older model matching the controller.

DLBFalcon

Aug 22, 2013
Colorado
I'm at work right now (ok, I'm at work, but looking at light bar stuff). When I get home I will look around because I think I possibly might have a manual for that controller -- or it's the manual for the older vision with the signal master -- but it's older like yours. I have an older Vision myself like that I never have been able to get running properly, but I hang on to it because I'm determined to get it running properly one day and because I don't see many of the old-old Vision bars like ours. Like I mentioned, I can't remember if my controller has the signal master on it or not or just two rows of buttons like your controller, but they are similar. In the meantime, I found this link for an older controller type Vision -- maybe it can help? Here's the link: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1804816/Federal-Signal-Corporation-Vision.html#manual

DLBFalcon

Aug 22, 2013
Colorado
I'm trying to start with some basics here. I know you said you had stuff wired up correctly, but I'm just curious about a couple things I just thought of while driving around at work. Do you have the smaller sized brain box with this older Vision? The older Vision I have has a smaller sized brain box than the "newer" brain boxes and it uses old computer style plugs that are held on with two screws. (The main cord from the light bar circuit board to the brain box uses the computer style connectors -- I'll attach a picture similar of what I'm talking about.) Then the only phone type cord on my older Vision goes from the brain box to the controller. When I find my stuff at home, I'll take some pictures of the smaller sized brain box and controllers I have. The picture attached here is similar computer style connector I'm talking about, but not exact -- just an example. Hopefully we can help you figure this out! (I'd like to learn some about the older Visions, too!)

Attachments

• Connector.jpg
    Connector.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 0
I'm trying to start with some basics here. I know you said you had stuff wired up correctly, but I'm just curious about a couple things I just thought of while driving around at work. Do you have the smaller sized brain box with this older Vision? The older Vision I have has a smaller sized brain box than the "newer" brain boxes and it uses old computer style plugs that are held on with two screws. (The main cord from the light bar circuit board to the brain box uses the computer style connectors -- I'll attach a picture similar of what I'm talking about.) Then the only phone type cord on my older Vision goes from the brain box to the controller. When I find my stuff at home, I'll take some pictures of the smaller sized brain box and controllers I have. The picture attached here is similar computer style connector I'm talking about, but not exact -- just an example. Hopefully we can help you figure this out! (I'd like to learn some about the older Visions, too!)
I know those amps. They are made for radio compatibility. Also mine isn’t a vision but just an old Smart Siren. Here’s a photo of the amp I was using.

Attachments

• 5054BA08-3828-47A7-8BB6-1C71D93CC2AE.jpeg
    5054BA08-3828-47A7-8BB6-1C71D93CC2AE.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 7

DLBFalcon

Aug 22, 2013
Colorado
Oh, gosh -- I feel dumb now. I misunderstood what that was, didn't realize it was just the siren. I thought it was for the older Vision bars. I'm sorry! If I run across anything on the older sirens like that I'll surely post it for you.

Reactions: gandalftheman241

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.