Omega 90 suggestions

enforcer30

Sep 6, 2011
MA
I currently have a Federal hand held 650 series in my unmarked that controls my lights and siren. The brains and wiring are in my trunk. The siren just sucks. I bought an Omega 90 with the thought of replacing the 650 unit with a 4200 mini to control both the lights (just need front and rear) and the siren .. wail, yelp, choice, manual (airhorn on the horn ring). After further thought, If i press the "wail" button on the 4200, when I go to yelp or choice, im not sure whats going to happen because the wail will still be activated.

I guess im looking for suggestions on a remote compact controller that will be able to handle the lights and omega siren will keeping all the wiring in my trunk. Im somewhat electronically handy so I could potentially build something if someone has ideas. Im just stuck on the changing tone thing.

enforcer30

Sep 6, 2011
MA
So Im learning that the full size feniex 4200 may be the only solution as a programmable switch panel.. Does anyone know of another programmable switch panel that is more readily available on the used market? Trying to avoid $400.

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
After further thought, If i press the "wail" button on the 4200, when I go to yelp or choice, im not sure whats going to happen because the wail will still be activated.

I don't have an Omega 90 on hand to test, but I'm almost certain that yelp (and probably choice) will override wail.

Personally, not being a fan of the "special" Unitrol tones, I'd just go with a SPDT, center-off switch for wail/off/yelp and pushbutton or two for airhorn and maybe manual.

enforcer30

Sep 6, 2011
MA
So I ended up with a u750m... coming across the top I have the following pinout (18 wires on the harness). Trying to find the sweep wire... any suggestions

1. Ground
3. Power +12v
4. Air Horn
6. Yelp
7. Manual
12. Wail
13. Speaker
14. Choice
15. Speaker

enforcer30

Sep 6, 2011
MA
I don't have an Omega 90 on hand to test, but I'm almost certain that yelp (and probably choice) will override wail.

Personally, not being a fan of the "special" Unitrol tones, I'd just go with a SPDT, center-off switch for wail/off/yelp and pushbutton or two for airhorn and maybe manual.
Thats the only reason I wanted it lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.