On the heels of my Lightstorm thread...tell some more tales on...

dg0223

Feb 20, 2011
USA/Texas
For the other vintage collectors out there, if you'll permit me to ask yet another question...

I know there are several people who have vintage lightbar collections that put mine to shame. I know some of the most desirable lights come from companies like Mars, Federal Signal, Code3 PSE, and Whelen. I know there are other companies like Tomar and Smith and Wesson that have put out some vintage lights as well. That said, I was wondering what obscure non-major brand lightbar you might have in your collection is. I have and have had several lightbars in my collection from the major lightbar manufacturers, but I haven't really had anything obscure in the collection. About the most obscure lightbar I've ever had in the collection is a very badly damaged barely working Yankee/Dietz lightbar, and I know that isn't very obscure.

If you'd like to spin some yarns about something obscure you might own, maybe something from the Fort Worth Lectric Lites Company, or the like, please feel free to add to the discussion. Thanks.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Another fun post. I will share a few of mine that I enjoy.

Southern VP 202: Known more for their sirens and the HotShot II, these seem to be hard to find because they were pretty easily damaged.

Sireno Condor II: Sireno beacons and sirens seem to be everywhere. Their lightbars (the Condor and this Condor II) seem to be more scarce. I love the "smooshed" look of this one and the remarks when people ask why I would cut it in half, haha.

Lectric Lites Ranger Strobe: I have been very fortunate to come by four of these at various times. The first one that I found was completely trashed. The next three pretty nice. This one remains in my collection.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
The Lectric Lites Ranger is still the fugliest of all ligthbars.. it's got a face only its mother could love.. but it's till unique and neat.. IMO.

dg0223

Feb 20, 2011
USA/Texas
The Lectric Lites Ranger is still the fugliest of all ligthbars.. it's got a face only its mother could love.. but it's till unique and neat.. IMO.

The one thing I never liked about the Ranger, despite it's bulldog-ish, clumsy appearance was how the lenses never seemed to be legitimately clear. I don't know if it was just the materials they used to manufacture it, but the lenses always seemed opaque to me. Even in photos where the lightbar should have been new, the lenses just never looked that clear.

Reactions: kadetklapp

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
My 97 Cherokee still has the original Lectric Lights pushbar installed on it. How it has survived all these years idk. It’s made out of pot metal and the size of a laptop...

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
675F49D7-0213-4EB2-AACB-3B4647D015DC.jpeg
this was my dads last squad car. 97 with 95,000 miles. I got it with 78k. Spent last six months and all available funds on a lift, lockers, etc. still a long way to go. It is NOT a police package, it’s just a simple retail SE off state bid.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.