One step further

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Last night I turned in my PPE and radios. It was a tad bit emotional saying goodbye to all the department members. Ironic that they were putting a new pumper into service, and I never got the chance to drive it.

So, why did I post this here? Because eLb does not have an 'old member going away' topic.

(I still need to try to sell my Minitor III and bases on the forum.)

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
Last night I turned in my PPE and radios. It was a tad bit emotional saying goodbye to all the department members. Ironic that they were putting a new pumper into service, and I never got the chance to drive it.

So, why did I post this here? Because eLb does not have an 'old member going away' topic.

(I still need to try to sell my Minitor III and bases on the forum.)
Just because you're retiring doesn't mean you have to leave us! :(

Reactions: Station 3

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)

Been there, done that. Saying goodbye does leave you with a hole in your soul.
Yes, the old Jazz does have a heart. He'll still haunt US though o_O

coop359

Apr 16, 2012
USA Tennessee
As a two year retiree myself - you may not miss the circus but you will miss the clowns. What is important is to have a plan and stay busy. Maybe they will let you drive the new engine. If not maybe it is time to buy your own. Deals to be had.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
The Missus and I just got back from closing on the new house in a retirement community. Two hours after the 950 mile return trip, I sold the Jazzmobile.

And to those with the misguided notion that I have a heart:

so-long-and-thanks.jpg

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
A nice little memento of the department.

Reactions: Tony P

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I usually do not back into parking spaces any longer.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I am taking the CERT course in my new city. The firefighting class was very informative.

snooze.jpg

Reactions: Jarred J.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Point angrily squeeze sporadically

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.