Open Letter to Tomar

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Please use this thread to list and discuss complaints, compliments and suggestions for Tomar products. Any bashing or complaints without details will be removed. People from the manufacturers read this site and will most likely see this, so keep it professional.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
I've found nearly all TOMAR products to just look ugly. It's like they just took a white metal box, stuck a bunch of strobes in it, and called it a lightbar. They're plenty effective, there's no denying that, but I think they really need to work on their aesthetics.

I do recall they used to make a lightbar that bore a striking resemblance to a FedSig JetStrobe, which looked much nicer, but I guess FedSig complained about that so they quit making it.

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
nerdly_dood said:
I do recall they used to make a lightbar that bore a striking resemblance to a FedSig JetStrobe, which looked much nicer, but I guess FedSig complained about that so they quit making it.

Federal supplied the housing, Tomar supplied the internal lightheads and power supplies and sold it as their own bar.

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
A reasonable price on the Mini-Scorpion would be nice, a competitive price would be even better.

Bigassfireman

May 23, 2010
U. S. of A. Ohio
Great products, however they seem to be pricing themselves out of the market. Just not really affordable for most of us.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Just an FYI guys, I'd like these "open letters" to be something the companies and other users can actually get some decent data from. If you want to complain about the product please provide enough detail that others and the company that makes the item can get some info from it. I know it's tempting to just say "blank product is awful", but that's really not helpful. There have been some really great replies to these threads, let make sure we keep it professional and detailed.

Thanks

John

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
AWESOME, no hassle warranty. Plain and simple. Thanks.

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
Dear TOMAR,

Please make a RECT-14 Dash Light.

Thanks!

AParamedic

Jun 20, 2010
Philly
Could you post dimensions and pricing for these units?

Thanks!

sbparkcop said:
Yes! We just started offering these housings. They also can come equipped with cig plugs, so you can have a fully functional RECT13 or RECT14 dash light. :thumbsup:

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
AParamedic said:
Could you post dimensions and pricing for these units?

Thanks!

The standard windshield unit is 2 3/4in tall x 6 3/4in wide x 2 1/2in deep (approximate). Feel free to contact me in regards to pricing on the RECT13 & 14 units. You can get them in standard windshield mount or vertical (for rear and side glass applications, NO price difference) and with or without cig plugs.

Just an FYI, I've submitted a review of these - just waiting on the approval. :thumbsup:

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
ISU_Cyclone said:
Is there a plan for an interior lightbar from Tomar? I think the rect13's and 14's would be great in an interior bar.

There is and I'm not quite sure if it's been publicly announced or not (to my knowledge it hasn't), but it will be available soon. :woot:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.