Opening an old Whelen Corporal

scottjcpp

Jul 12, 2021
Connecticut
Hello friends. I am a tech helping a local first responder (who loves to run vintage warning gear). He picked up the attached beauty. It has a dead short between the red bulb + wire and ground. Motor works fine. Want to remove the dome to locate and fix the short to get this bad boy LIT and spinning.

I have loosened the two nuts in the underside that seem to align with the rivet locations on the side of the dome. Not sure what the proper method of removal is. Help me obi wan kenobi's you're my only hope :cool:

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5159.jpg
    IMG_5159.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 25

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Be careful with the dome, replacements are now few and far between, especially that particular dome. That is Whelen's original, deep blue dome. Later domes were a much lighter shade of blue.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.