Opinions on a Good solid dash light

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
Hey all,

Well, I tried 4x ULB9E in my truck - too much wiring, and not quite enough space to align them properly. I don't want to do an interior lightbar (price, fitment, etc), so I'm looking to maximize my light foorprint with dash lights. I was looking for either Whelen dual avenger II duos (the linear and TIR combo units), or something else punchy. Amazon has feniex 2x for 139.00, either 40 or 180 optic (not dual color sadly). I know their stuff can be bright, and I love my two red/white apollos. Anyone think it'll be bright enough for daytime use too? Otherwise I'll hold out for the duo's...

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA
plenty bright for daytime use, just be sure to get the 40 optics

*personal opinion, not a site endorsement*

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Get the 40°... btw every retailer has the 2x dash lights for 139.

Reactions: Dave F

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
just get the quad dashlight

Reactions: fp13-2

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
You can get a 2x in dual color...just not for $140.

Reactions: Frooom

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
You can get a 2x in dual color...just not for $140.
Can I pay an extra fee for an emoji that makes fun of captain obvious over here? :D

Ok, resounding support of the 40' optics versus 180' eh? Anyone have a feniex alternative they recommend?

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
Get the 40°... btw every retailer has the 2x dash lights for 139.
Yes but not every retailer will just let me return at no cost if I decide I don't like them. hehehe. (oh and I have prime, so free shipping)

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
yea i gave you one.. the quad dashlight.. lol

ive got a red / amber white/ amber Apollo dashlight if your wanting the Apollo lights for uniformity.. i light let go for the right price.. LOL

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
Ewww red amber? Red white is where it's at :p haha the feniex quad are WAY too expensive for me! I am gonna just buy a 40/40 red white and a 180/180 red white 2x, and then set 'em up 180 40 40 180 and call it a day. Dunno if any vendors here can go better than 140/per, but at least with amazon it's free shipping.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
You didn't read it right.. one module is set as red mode 1 amber mode 2 and white mode 1 amber mode making it a red white amber amber dual mode... ;)

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
LOL if I want a halogen rotator I also want the callsign 3 william 56. :D

I actually tried to snag a pair of feniex off of amazon, and the seller cancelled my order "unable to ship to address". NO idea why. And this is unusual for me, I almost never buy new. The price tag for what's in lights compared to purchase price these days is insane.

"You didn't read it right.. one module is set as red mode 1 amber mode 2 and white mode 1 amber mode making it a red white amber amber dual mode... ;)"

This hurts my brain.

• Haha

emtpals

Apr 8, 2013
IL/WI
Whelen dual sync avengers are a good idea. I prefer the older style Avengers over the newer ones as they seem to have a greater light footprint when I compared them side by side.

Another option if your budget is limited is the StrobesNMore Triple Threat, or one of their light bars. Both are very bright and come with a great warranty, though the Avenger will edge it out in brightness (at close to double the cost).

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
I'll look at those! I am NOT impressed with these feniex 2x, what a waste of money. Only came with suction cups, almost 20 bucks to get a single set of perm mounts, and the footprint is huge. Not impressed at all. Gonna have to sell them at a loss, doubt amazon will let me return them but I can try.

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
I like the triple threat, but the price is prohibitive, 14 extra bucks for a flash shield. What I loved about the STAR products is they come with everything. Gah......

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
Ok wow. I sprang for a triple threat. It fits my windshield perfectly and oh good heavens it's bright. Thanks emtpals. Really impressed with the quality and did I mention it's bright? Gonna get a second, super super impressed.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.