Opinions on lighting up a GEM E4 golf cart

fedsig7

May 20, 2010
Santa Rosa, California

May 22, 2010
New York City
one time i borrowed one from another agency to use at a event, this was about 5 years ago, it was loaded with sho-me leds everywhere and had a siren,and i think it had a halogen mini bar...... the thing was just 1 big blur of light.. the nypd had a couple in the past, nothing more than a mini jet on it !!!

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Absolutely not. Look how big the mini-Edge looks in that video - your best bet is to stick with a 24-inch maximum.

May 22, 2010
Central WV
I'd do a Mini Pinnacle on top in the event you are going to be using it around other vehicles (plus it would be a good light to identify the vehicle), then put a pair of Ghosts on the front below the headlights. For the rear I'd go with x4 LEDs in an x-pattern mounted around the lower part of the rear window and on the top of the rear wheel wells. If for some reason you'd need to do traffic control with it you could always use an UltraLite 8 exterior mount on the rear of the vehicle. Let me know if you have any questions or if you want a quote.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
i'd keep it basic...a mini justice or an axixtech torrent (u can get those in varying sizes...40", 44", etc.) for the top, a pair of lin6's up front (headlight level), a pair of lin6's to the rear (brake light level), and one led3 mini or ghost on each the side.

for siren, u can go with wpa112 siren w/ a waterproof control head (or if it'll be used just for special events and not used often on the streets u can go with their 30 watt siren/pa/speaker system).

one of the departments i ran with had a few code3 2100's on tahoes and i think they're junk/nothing special at all, so i'd def. re-consider those bars for the prices that C3 charges.

May 22, 2010
New York City
Jared @ 911Lights said:
We put some lights on a GEM the first year they came out (a long time ago) for a department that I was with at the time. We used a Mini-Liberty and nothing else and found that it didn't provide enough low level lighting for the pedestrian traffic where we were using it. We ended up taking off the lightbar and adding 8 TIR3s, 4 in front and 4 in back, and had much better luck.

Unless you are going to be using them primarily on open roads, I would suggest staying with all lower and mid level lighting. Also, I would avoid halogens and strobes at all costs, with an all electric vehicle, they will significantly reduce your driving range.

-Jared

jared, what year are you talking about? they came out in the 90's , i didnt think the liberties and tir3's were around back then..lol

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
I'd say 12 Pimp Pods... 4 in the front, 4 in the rear, 2 on each side... And if you feel frisky, some type of HAW/LAW in the OEM lights...

cory y

May 21, 2010
12? really?

i would say 6 Max.

2 front, 2 rear and 1 on each side

if youre gonna use pods, use the 6 diode models and split the colors

no need to whack out a golfcart

cory y

May 21, 2010
i mean you dont want to have so many lights you eat the battery up... i mean sure it will be a pretty paperweight....

chiefolson

Jul 20, 2010
Raleigh, NC
We went with a single Code3 Mini-Bar - all red. It has proven to be most effective. No siren, as using such while navigating through a crowd will get you less compliance than just slowly moving along. The rotators provide good 360 clearance and recognition. Purchased the model with the magnets, removed them, and got some new hardware at Lowe's and mounted in no time at all. Rather than wiring in a switch, the lighter plug wire was extended to allow for running the wire out of sight and the plug itself has an integrated switch.

Priced several options, including a mini-Liberty and Edge. But for what it is used for, the $150 rotating bar made perfect sense.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
You should at least consider a motorcycle siren, or one with a volume control.. Won't make the masses deaf and they will know you are trying to get somewhere- if there is a emergency.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
I say you put a Q2B on it and a bubble light like Michigan highway patrol.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.