OsciLaser

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Oscillating lights are some of those things I hate to love. They just don't feel right, I feel obliged to think of them as an abomination... but I don't. Same attitude with LEDs.

That's a pretty unorthodox setup - looks like it's got OsciLasers, plus an amber center strobe, red LEDs up top, and red halogen (might be strobe?) below that. Normally they're all the same style, or halogen and strobe only...

andrewsim

Jun 15, 2010
Northeastern, IL
I love the back of that ambulance, looks very nice running code. The OsciLasers do a great job and are surprising noticeable being mounted at that height.

dustymedic

May 21, 2010
Columbus,OH
nerdly_dood said:
Oscillating lights are some of those things I hate to love. They just don't feel right, I feel obliged to think of them as an abomination... but I don't. Same attitude with LEDs.

That's a pretty unorthodox setup - looks like it's got OsciLasers, plus an amber center strobe, red LEDs up top, and red halogen (might be strobe?) below that. Normally they're all the same style, or halogen and strobe only...

Maybe they've been up grading as cash allows??

andrewsim

Jun 15, 2010
Northeastern, IL
I'm fairly certain it was like that the day they got it a couple of years ago, although i guess i could be wrong, i don't make my way down there very often.

May 21, 2010
Bolingbrook Illinois
That was a very common thing around here in the late '90's and early in the 2000's. Had the same set up on the rear of one of my ambulances. I had the FS TCL's and they made so much noise, it was hard to hear the Pt.s during Pt. care. I replaced them with FS Quadraflares in R/A split. Doubled the warning and no noise. Love the oscilaser and the TCL but moving parts are bad. Currently have the roto-lasers on the front of my engine. Looking to replace those as well.

John

May 21, 2010
Berlin, MI, 48002
I haven't seen them used like in the pic before; cool idea. A Roto-laser seems like it'd be an option too.

Code 3 used to offer a rear deck arrowstick with 1 oscilaser mounted on each top corner of it.

May 21, 2010
Bolingbrook Illinois
Code 3 also used to offer the Slik Stik. Rear deck mounted kinda like an arrow stik but with an angled lens. Usually had 2 strobes or halogen flashers and intersection lights on the ends. I know of someone who replaced the halogen flashers with oscilasers. Or did he mount them on top of the stik, Having trouble remembering right now. Was pretty cool.

John

Abacus

May 24, 2010
Sydney Australia
pulltotheright said:
Code 3 also used to offer the Slik Stik. Rear deck mounted kinda like an arrow stik but with an angled lens. Usually had 2 strobes or halogen flashers and intersection lights on the ends. I know of someone who replaced the halogen flashers with oscilasers. Or did he mount them on top of the stik, Having trouble remembering right now. Was pretty cool.

John

Yes i loved that set up as well - I saw a NOS fully loaded slik stik somewhere for about 300 bucks and regretted not grabbing it. My thought was to rip out the halogens, retrofit LEDS whilst keeping the rear sweep/intersection lights. That would have been novel!

pondfly

May 21, 2010
IL
North Aurora put them on their rigs due to the Fox River, and the grade changes. The area can be really foggy at times, a lot of rigs out there have a combination of some type of light and Halogen added for the extra piercing in the foggy weather.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.