Our BRAND NEW Patrol Car... Geez.........

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
These are some pictures i snapped the other night when another deputy called me over to his location for "a little help" :lol: This is his brand new patrol car, only its second night on the road.

[Broken External Image]:http://gi151.photobucket.com/groups/s160/NXOG2YHVX8/DSCN0692.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://gi151.photobucket.com/groups/s160/NXOG2YHVX8/DSCN0701.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://gi151.photobucket.com/groups/s160/NXOG2YHVX8/DSCN0717.jpg

and here is the "PRO CRAPPER CONSOLE"

[Broken External Image]:http://gi151.photobucket.com/groups/s160/NXOG2YHVX8/DSCN0708.jpg

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
chono said:
Hooray for Smartsiren! Too bad his car broke down though!

smartsiren? blah.... :| haha (seriously will you inbox me and tell me whats good about a smart siren?) it seems just normal to me with a bad sounding yelp and not enough switches, i dont know much about them but i need too because thats the siren coming in these cars.

yea its fixed now.. Boy we had a PISSED OFF Sheriff when he got the call about his brand new patrol car since we only get one new car a year :shock:

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
I know how he feels. I've had 3 cars in less than a year, and the one with the least problems was my 03 CVPI with 114,000 miles.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
Blade Runner said:
Why no markings on the car?

they have not come in yet and the car was needed on the road that week because of a transmission that went out in another. We are allowed 2 unmarked cars and only have 1 so we could/can use this car without letters but we are just waiting on them to come in.

pmcg10

Jun 14, 2010
Connecticut
fireman616wfd said:
:?: ... :lol:

Simple reason...its not registered yet :? ...it just REALLY needed to be on the road

EVT

May 24, 2010
Midwest
fireman616wfd said:
Simple reason...its not registered yet :? ...it just REALLY needed to be on the road

That.....Or in some states (Like MN) you don't need to register emergency vehicles and thus no plates.

chono

Jun 5, 2010
Midwest
fireman616wfd said:
smartsiren? blah.... :| haha (seriously will you inbox me and tell me whats good about a smart siren?) it seems just normal to me with a bad sounding yelp and not enough switches, i dont know much about them but i need too because thats the siren coming in these cars.

yea its fixed now.. Boy we had a PISSED OFF Sheriff when he got the call about his brand new patrol car since we only get one new car a year :shock:

Its more of you either hate it or love it. I happen to love the tones on it... but I agree with you it could use more switches then it has.... more tones also.

cory y

May 21, 2010
well it it just pulls up behind you and turns everything on... and its got proper overheads in the right color(s) ......

however if you DONT... the dept would be hard pressed to file evading or failure to yield charges.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Blade Runner said:
No plates and no markings.....I'd be (flame suit ON....lol) hard pressed to pull over for that one....

No flaming here man... I agree. I'd call 911 and confirm it was a legit wehicle in some cases w/ a car like this. I'm not sure what colors they run but with the mix of red, blue being fire and vollie colors in so many states I'd be suspicious no matter what lights it had. Actually this looks less like a police car than some vollies I know....

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
Well what looks so different about this car and any other unmarked car in america besides its not a slick top? If you didnt pull over yes you could be charged for it, not evading but yes to "failure to yield to blue lights" as we call it. In Mississippi all fire and EMS run red, Law Enforcement and Highway Patrol run Blue, so here when someone sees all blue they know what that means. Plus if this car is behind you pulling you over how do you know it doesnt have any markings?

Calling 911 when someone tries making a traffic stop on you? lol come on, its easier to get on here and say that than actually riding up the road not pulling over when he is behind you with lights and sirens on and be like "911 whats your emergency?" o yea no emergency but there is a white CVPI behind me with blue lights, siren, and a pushbar and i was wondering if this is a real cop and should i pull over or just keep ignoring him driving up the road?" :lol:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
fireman616wfd said:
Calling 911 when someone tries making a traffic stop on you? lol come on, its easier to get on here and say that than actually riding up the road not pulling over when he is behind you with lights and sirens on and be like "911 whats your emergency?" o yea no emergency but there is a white CVPI behind me with blue lights, siren, and a pushbar and i was wondering if this is a real cop and should i pull over or just keep ignoring him driving up the road?" :lol:

Yes, what you describe is what motorists should do if they are being pulled over in a deserted unlit area by a suspicious vehicle.....

The decision would be situationally dependant and based on other facotrs ... but this vehicle doesn't scream police like it should in my opinion. Color of light, location of stop etc would go into my decision, but under some circumstances this could be seen as an impersonator. FYI Ohio blue is for police only and LE vehicle that are intended for traffic enforcement have to be marked...something that helps in my opinon. I am also against fire and ems using blue, for the impersonation reason too.... Obviously every state is different..

All I am saying I that under the right circumstances that this vehicle could be questionably a police vehicle.

Here is a good example. The Police Chief even encourages motorists to not stop for suspicious unmarked cars such as the white crown vic in the article.

http://www2.dothaneagle.com/dea/news/cr ... ek/150927/

(Slocomb AR Police Chief) White encouraged motorists not to pull over for an unmarked vehicle on back country roads. He also suggested motorists call 911 to ask about an officer being on duty in the area where they are being pulled over. He also said in the statement that the impersonator may be using a combination of white, red and blue lights on his vehicle.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
fireman616wfd said:
yea John i know what you mean, just had to crack at it with my "call to 911" haha

but what looks different with this unmarked than others?

The presence of roof lights but no graphics is....to me... more odd than no roof lights and no graphics..or graphics and no roof lights. Something about a CVPI lit to the gills w/o any graphics make my whacker alarm go off.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
JohnMarcson said:
The presence of roof lights but no graphics is....to me... more odd than no roof lights and no graphics..or graphics and no roof lights. Something about a CVPI lit to the gills w/o any graphics make my whacker alarm go off.

:lol: but god you should see our graphics! blah! :mrgreen: i would rather leave the graphics off.. haha

Stendec

May 21, 2010
Hey, if you need a car on the road, you need a car on the road. I don't think a department is going to shut down services because the decal kit isn't in yet or they ran out of DARE license plates.

People get way too excited over the prospect of impersonators. I suppose if half a dozen unmarked cars scream in and box you off the side of the road, you could assume that it's a Jamaican drug posse about to rob you and cut your throat, when it's much more likely to be a bunch of US Deputy Marshals swarming you because your car and description match somebody on their hit list.

How could anyone NOT see a plain white Crown Vic and not think cop, taxi or senior citizen?

chono

Jun 5, 2010
Midwest
I do not think any imposter is going to put a full size lightbar on his roof. That is just going to attract more attention to him then he wants.

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
Fast LT1 said:
Thats the reason i don't drive fords!

HA! That is the reason I'm never buying another GM product! My chevy has been on a wrecker more times in the last 6 months than I've had breakdowns (towable or not) in my 16 truck work fleet of Ford's. I keep having to take one home with me until I can get my Chevy out of the shop.

cory y

May 21, 2010
Those are just the glamor caps... wheel covers not the actual wheels.... the black rims are behind the plastic

dustymedic

May 21, 2010
Columbus,OH
EVT said:
That.....Or in some states (Like MN) you don't need to register emergency vehicles and thus no plates.

It's that way in Ohio, but it must have something to ID the owner of it, Agency name, logo, or some kind of plate(s)..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.