out fitting my 09 chevy silverreado

NJfireguy9094

Feb 20, 2013
Trenton NJ
hello all

here is my current set that i have planned on installing into my truck.

2009 Chevy 1500 4x4

This vehicle is used for emergency responses both to the Fire station, and to the scene.

Front

4 SNM E3 in THE GRILL (X Pattern)

whelen H/LF

whelen Dual Avenger in head liner (Blue Clear)

Side:

2 SNM e3’s on both side of passenger and driver side running boards (blue)

Rear

whelen Tail light Flashers

1 SNM E46 rear back window (Blue)

2 SNM E3 on LP bracket (Blue)

Inside

Whelen 4 Function Lighted Switch box

looking for ideas for the side i orderd 4 snm e3's and was looking to add two e3's to each side of the running board area with a L bracket let me know if u have any other ideas that u might have. and the running bars are the nerf style stainless steel ones with the black step in the middle of them

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
NJfireguy9094 said:
hello all

here is my current set that i have planned on installing into my truck.

2009 Chevy 1500 4x4

This vehicle is used for emergency responses both to the Fire station, and to the scene.

Front

4 SNM E3 in THE GRILL (X Pattern)

whelen H/LF

whelen Dual Avenger in head liner (Blue Clear)

Side:

2 SNM e3’s on both side of passenger and driver side running boards (blue)

Rear

whelen Tail light Flashers

1 SNM E46 rear back window (Blue)

2 SNM E3 on LP bracket (Blue)

Inside

Whelen 4 Function Lighted Switch box

looking for ideas for the side i orderd 4 snm e3's and was looking to add two e3's to each side of the running board area with a L bracket let me know if u have any other ideas that u might have. and the running bars are the nerf style stainless steel ones with the black step in the middle of them

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT YOUR PLAN:

--I would definitely use a pair of E3's on the nerf bars (right where they attach to the frame of the truck) and E3's on a rear LP bracket.

--HLF and TLF are a definite, so I'm with you there b/c they're effective and inexpensive.

WHAT I'D CHANGE:

--I would not use the E3's in the grill. To be honest, I can't stand small lightheads (TIR3, LED3 mini, E3, etc.) in the grill of a pickup or SUV. I'd honestly go with a pair of solid blue M6 lightheads with clear lenses in front of the grill. they won't stand out too much b/c they're clear lenses and because it's common to have some sort of KC running lights. I used to like the X-pattern, but now I'm starting to get tired of it b/c I see more and more trucks with big grills and tiny lightheads in them...big grill deserves big foot print! ;-)

--Instead of the E46, I'd go with a Dual Color E66. It's only $50 more PLUS you get the advantage of having a blue warning stick with the option to switch to a T/A

--I wouldn't go with a Blue/Clear dual avenger...I'd either go with a Blue/Blue dual avenger or 2 single blue avengers (1 on each side of the RVM), b/c the HLF produces a lot of white/clear, esp. at night, thus I'd use as much blue as I can + having a blue/clear unit too often leads to a baby blue blur (instead of a true blue blur) IMO

--Is it a 2 door cab, crew cab, or extended cab? If it's a crew or extended cab, I'd recommend adding a single avenger behind the B-post to have some mid-level side warning (the E3's will do a nice job, but you can't just rely on lights that low down as your sole side warning, IMO

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.