Outer Edge WeCan on Carbide, Command programming

Paramedic

Oct 15, 2010
CAN
So, I'm looking at adding an Outer Edge and for the life of me looking at install sheets I have no idea how to wire it to WeCan and program it in Command. I mean, it's pretty simple to use the pinouts and add them to an output module, but if it's WeCan compatible there must be a better way?

Bvfa23

Oct 14, 2013
Depew, New York
I’m a little confused by your question,

Are you using a WeCan control point?

Or are you using a Whelen siren that is WeCan compatible?

Either way the 3 WeCan wires from the light bar go to the WeCan port on either controller.

Are you sure your outer edge is wecan?

Paramedic

Oct 15, 2010
CAN
Trying to see how I can add the Outer Edge to a Whelen Carbide that has a WeCan lightbar and a 16 output module currently connected. Don't have the Outer Edge yet, but all the install documents have multiple wires, not just a WeCan connector.

Bvfa23

Oct 14, 2013
Depew, New York
I don’t believe outer edges are we can, you will have to hook it up to a regular output and possibly have to rewire it so you can have independent control of the light heads if that’s what you want

Cypressfleetservice

Jun 15, 2018
Texas
I am building a Tahoe right now with both Duo Wecan Outter and Pillar edges, so basically the light heads are normal Ions that are set to steady burn. Then it has a cable with the wires for each light head color and ground, you would hook it up to your Carbide outputs or a 16 output expansion module hooked up to the carbide.

Reactions: Bvfa23

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.