Outlet PSE Partners with ELB for "Light My Ride"© Give-a-way

Have you submitted your contest application?

• Yes. I've already submitted mine.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not yet, but I'm working on it.

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • No, I'm not interested.

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • No, I'm just interested in the OutletPSE Conspiracy Theories.

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OutletPSE

Jun 5, 2013
Southern United States
Outlet PSE partners with eLightbars.org introduce the first "Light My Ride"© Give-a-way

First of all, we would like to thank the legions of inquires we have gotten about our company. The support and interest has been overwhelming and it has kept us pushing forward to ensure we offer Extreme Warning at a Low Cost. Our primary objective is for each and every one of you to be safe. For this reason, we have asked eLightbars.org to join us in the launch of our website by offering a promotional give-a-way in advance of Outlet PSE's GRAND Opening.

After much scrutiny, they have granted us a special privilege of being the first to post in this new section that is focused on YOU; The eLightbars.org Member and Public Safety Worker. We will restrict this give-a-way to ONLY eLightbars.org-registered users. These users will be required to have at least one post prior to their entry of this give-a-way (this does not prevent new users from entering this give-a-way). This give-a-way will result in one Grand Prize Winner and two Secondary Prize Winners. The Grand Prize Winner will receive one "Light My Ride" package. This package will be custom-selected after a brief conference with the winner. We will not rule out the use of a siren and speaker set-up should one be needed.

As part of the give-a-way, we will ask that the winner substantially document their thoughts on the product and process via video, video blog, and pictures. We want to hear real feedback on the products and want to share them on our website after the grand opening. We will require a professional install of our products and may include installation services as part of the product using a nationwide network of installers we have already in place. Additionally, if we do not have an installer in your area, we may be willing to partner with an installer that wants some exposure on this job (so installer please contact us if interested). We will require installers to be a part of eLightbars.org's approved installer list to ensure a quality job is done to maintain the winner's safety.

We will announce a list of ten finalists, and we will contact them in order to determine the top three. Unless we have a clear-cut winner, there will be a random selection amongst the top three finalists to determine the Grand Prize Winner. The winners will be required to not post about said products or share information on said products until given written consent to do so by the Outlet PSE group. Once you are selected, you will be required to sign and agreement that you will abide by all of the stipulations mentioned above (mainly the documentation and review process) of the give-a-way.

To enter the contest, please fill out the questionnaire and send it to us in private message. Don't post it here or others will see what you say and be able to top you! Videos, video blogs, and pictures will all be given special consideration. We reserve the right to post such messages at anytime: prior to the selection process, during the selection process, and after a winner is chosen. Once you send your answers, they will become property of Outlet PSE. :razz:

Don't forget to "Like" us here

Follow us here

Start your #lightmyride campaign on Twitter! We will be looking for them!

You may see your videos pop up on our You Tube Channel

And you might even get a Wandi shoutout on our website www.OutletPSE.com

To enter, Click here: http://elightbars.org/forums/application-forms.php?appid=2

And a quick look at the questions you will need answers to:

1) What is your profession (including any volunteer work)?

2) What type of vehicle do you have?

3) How do you use that vehicle in your profession?

4) How often do you use your emergency equipment?

5) What equipment do you currently have outfitted on your vehicle?

6) What brands do you prefer?

7) What are your installation capabilities?

8) What colors do you utilize? (and what colors are you legally allowed to utilize?)

9) Are you willing to share your views on the products with an international audience (to include pictures, videos, etc)?

10) What are your thoughts on the hype surrounding Outlet PSE so far on eLightbars.org?

11) What type of equipment is currently on your wish list?

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Now you see, THIS is something even BIGGER than what I was trying to get at in chat.

Come out with GUNS BLAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for finally posting and starting to give us a little insight.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I'm in for guaranteed labor in all of Florida pro bono because ELB is involved. Welcome to the site!

Wandi2710

Aug 6, 2012
Indonesia
FEVER said:
I'm in for guaranteed labor in all of Florida pro bono because ELB is involved. Welcome to the site!

Who else want to participate?......

lets welcome and support this great event.....

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
firefighter112 said:
Tried to enter, but it says that you are not taking applications.....Maybe I am just being too quick on the draw...

Firefightertom32 said:
Can't submit an application! :confused:

Sorry about that, it is fixed now :eek:

firefighter31 said:
[what happens if I don't have twitter?

Unless I am missing something here... you don't "need" twitter.

OutletPSE

Jun 5, 2013
Southern United States
firefighter31 said:
[what happens if I don't have twitter?

You do not need a twitter, no worries. Just submit the application.

Jman423 said:
Sorry about that, it is fixed now :eek:

Unless I am missing something here... you don't "need" twitter.

Thanks for getting it fixed quickly. The support we have received from the eLightbars.org staff has been amazing!

Also, we have received some applications. None with videos or pictures (or links to them).

The people we have had entered so far are:

-Decklights

-Jarred J.

-David W.

-Timlinson

-Ben E.

If we have not received your application please resubmit it.

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
Is this limited to personal vehicles, or can members submit their application on behalf of a cash strapped agency they may work for? The reason I'm inquiring; I'm a volunteer firefighter/EMT-B and my department desperately needs emergency lighting and equipment for our EMS chase/command/rehab/SCBA refill unit. It's a 10yr old F-350 with a tall bed cap. A lone red Code 3 MX7000 is all that the truck has for emergency warning. In addition, there's no console for the interior equipment.

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
Wasn't aware you were looking for pics or video to be included with the application... not much to video without any products.

Reactions: NYSPSEL

OutletPSE

Jun 5, 2013
Southern United States

-Decklights

-Jarred J.

-David W.

-Timlinson

-Ben E.

-specopsmedic719

-firefightin6

-firefighterdcfd

-Dave

-firefighter7017

FreshDave04 said:
Is this limited to personal vehicles, or can members submit their application on behalf of a cash strapped agency they may work for? The reason I'm inquiring; I'm a volunteer firefighter/EMT-B and my department desperately needs emergency lighting and equipment for our EMS chase/command/rehab/SCBA refill unit. It's a 10yr old F-350 with a tall bed cap. A lone red Code 3 MX7000 is all that the truck has for emergency warning. In addition, there's no console for the interior equipment.

We will accept the applications for these. We have not discussed this in depth but we will talk to eLightbars.org and Outlet PSE admin about this idea.

Ben E. said:
Wasn't aware you were looking for pics or video to be included with the application... not much to video without any products.

Pictures and Video of the car is always helpful. What we would really love is creative videos with your thoughts, comments, and ideas.

You can always PM them to us as well.

litning

May 21, 2010
Central NH
while the contest seems like an interesting idea to get your name out there, having to turn my vehicle over to someone I do not know to install / hack up my truck makes me nervous. The only option is to have them "professionally" installed? What or who determines who is professional? I have been working with 12v and 110v probably longer than a lot of "professional" upfitters out there, yet I do not have a business.

I am not trying to start an argument, I am just stating that there are a lot of people hesitant to enter your contest due to this requirement. Will you reconsider this requirement to allow self install?

John

edit: also, unless I missed it (possible), I do not see when the finalists and winner will be chosen?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
litning said:
while the contest seems like an interesting idea to get your name out there, having to turn my vehicle over to someone I do not know to install / hack up my truck makes me nervous. The only option is to have them "professionally" installed? What or who determines who is professional? I have been working with 12v and 110v probably longer than a lot of "professional" upfitters out there, yet I do not have a business.

I am not trying to start an argument, I am just stating that there are a lot of people hesitant to enter your contest due to this requirement. Will you reconsider this requirement to allow self install?

John

edit: also, unless I missed it (possible), I do not see when the finalists and winner will be chosen?

Here is the idea behind the concept...

For OutletPSE, this is a promotional tool to aide in their grand opening. They provide their winners with products that they would, in turn, like feedback for. If someone does a crappy job installing some lights, then starts complaining about how the products failed... it makes the company look bad, and it's products look bad. If a professional installer does the work, the company will more comfortable knowing that poor or incorrect installation practices are unlikely.

It makes sense to me. I do understand your point, but you would be getting these lights for free, so complaining about installation would seem silly :twocents:

OutletPSE

Jun 5, 2013
Southern United States
litning said:

John

In the application, we did ask for people's install experience for purposes of determining the quality of work they are able to perform. We will be posting video and pictures from the winner. The winner may not be comfortable doing their own install and we were simply stating that we may or may not provide assistance with the installation. We are simply stating that if this is the case we will only use a professional installer. Obviously for liability reasons we will not just pick someone in their garage to work on the winner's vehicle.

We want to ensure that our equipment will be installed correctly and ensure that the equipment is not creating a hazard. We have been browsing Elightbars.org and have observed numerous threads where installs did not seem to be done properly. Ultimately, we are wanting to make sure the winner is safer than he/she was before winning.

As we stated before, we will conduct interviews with the finalist to see what needs to be done. The Grand Prize is kind of "open ended" as of right now because we will have to cater to the winner's needs. We completely understand if people do not want to enter the contest and we are not offended either way. Ultimately, we thought this would be a chance to get a public safety worker a way to be safer that we know they may not be able to afford as our society does not compensate them as they should be.

As far as the date to pick the winner, we were going to announce it at the Grand Opening of the website, however; there are talks of moving it up to possibly have the video of the products released for the Grand Opening. We will keep everyone posted.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
I'm assuming mods/staff are not allowed to enter into this contest, correct?

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
A manufacturer pointed something out to me the other day that really makes one of their install shops seem shady. I cant say any more than that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
Jamey@NNE said:
A manufacturer pointed something out to me the other day that really makes one of their install shops seem shady. I cant say any more than that.

About the new company, or some other professional installer?

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Jamey@NNE said:

Funny thing, I have heard the same thing about a professional company on here... That's all I can say about that too.

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
OK, this seems like a pissing match about someone other than the OP, lets try to keep this thread on topic.

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
While on topic. I will volunteer my services to OutletPSE if the winner is in my area, as long as they will take me up on my offer. And if I am unavailable I know a very experienced installer 30+ years who would be glad to help a fellow emergency services person. We shall see. Good luck everyone.

OutletPSE

Jun 5, 2013
Southern United States

-Decklights

-Jarred J.

-David W.

-Timlinson

-Ben E.

-specopsmedic719

-firefightin6

-firefighterdcfd

-Dave

-firefighter7017

-calebsheltonmed23

-DRRFPD4114

-emtanderson51

-Irsh42

-Skinny26

-Swat1911

-firefighter112

-NCFD43

-SBFD-E-9

-LLS

-resQyou

-lwfpd chief

-Firefightertom

-foxtrot5

-Station 3

-ac316scu

-jasonhill

-Wandi

Thank each and everyone of you for the entries.

Only a few videos and links to threads with videos. We wouldn't mind seeing something zaney video or picture wise done just for this contest :crazy:

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
foxtrot5 said:
I'm assuming mods/staff are not allowed to enter into this contest, correct?

despite Jman's reply, no, staff cannot enter due to conflict of interest

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
OutletPSE said:
-Decklights

-Jarred J.

-David W.

-Timlinson

-Ben E.

-specopsmedic719

-firefightin6

-firefighterdcfd

-Dave

-firefighter7017

-calebsheltonmed23

-DRRFPD4114

-emtanderson51

-Irsh42

-Skinny26

-Swat1911

-firefighter112

-NCFD43

-SBFD-E-9

-LLS

-resQyou

-lwfpd chief

-Firefightertom

-foxtrot5

-Station 3

-ac316scu

-jasonhill

-Wandi

Only a few videos and links to threads with videos. We wouldn't mind seeing something zaney video or picture wise done just for this contest :crazy:

Already found the winner... LoL j/k :p

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
OutletPSE said:
-foxtrot5

You're welcome. Good luck to all!

As far as pictures/videos go, here are links to my two threads on my vehicles:

2006 Silverado 1500

And my vehicle that's entered in the contest (I need to update the thread with current setup) 2011 Crown Victoria LX

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Phoenix_Rising said:

if this is true, please withdraw my submission.

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
Phoenix_Rising said:

foxtrot5 said:
if this is true, please withdraw my submission.

Aside from the fact that Phoenix_Rising has dismissed my claim... you've already lost, so it won't be necessary to withdraw your submission :haha:

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Jman423 said:
Aside from the fact that Phoenix_Rising has dismissed my claim... you've already lost, so it won't be necessary to withdraw your submission :haha:

I'm SO lost...

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
I guess I'm still at a loss what type of video, especially "zaney", that you want. I can see wanting pictures of the vehicle entered in the contest, but I'm not sure what me making a video of feeding birds in my front yard with a clown suit on has to do with an emergency light? Is it going to help my odds of winning if I tape myself taking a dump on someone's car hood or something? If I was a business owner running this contest, the last thing I'd want on youtube was any "zaney" non-sensical video having nothing to do at all with emergency lighting, associated with my brand. I'd want videos of the finished product with the owner talking about how happy they are.

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
I was never contacted about being selected as a preferred installer for this company's products, so I know it must be a sham...

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
cajunblitz said:
I was never contacted about being selected as a preferred installer for this company's products, so I know it must be a sham...

Pffft... Who are you and when did you get into this business? Comments like that warrant a portfolio to back them up... and surely you couldn't deliver on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.